"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Did you ever

wonder why people say the world is crowded?
we barely can move here in my neck of the woods.

Did you ever find a surprise veggie in the garden that makes you wonder...
What is this?  Is it art? Is it food? Is it to measure scale?


Did you ever see something that takes your breath away?
and then you realize you are blessed to see it every day!

Did you ever doodle on something that wasn't supposed to be doodled on?
and then you did it again because it was fun?

Did you ever wait years for a dream,  knowing it would be worth it?
 Temporary shelving until winter

Did you ever realize how low cost it is to make your own?
Helping hamburger with ingredients you can pronounce~

10 comments:

Marica said...

Thanks for this post. Even though I try to keep my chin up, I've been in a foul mood for days. Thanks for the smiles.

Tombstone Livestock said...

That is some well stocked temporary shelving.

Anonymous said...

Love your blog, would love to able to can like you do, I do put up hamburger helper dinner dried for my brother in law, type up directions, he lives by himself, get him some great ground sirloin, packaged up and frozen, make cookies and dry some fruit for him..We eat daily from scratch, I love to cook and bake, not much time, but hubby retired and he throws a nice meal for us together in a crock pot and I bake up some instant bread (beer no we don't drink it makes great beer bread) and we are good to go from veggies I get at a farmers market almost daily until they close up for the winter!!!!!!!!!!!! We feel blessed to eat well real food, why eat all that crap they sell at fast food places, gasoline will be $6.00 a gallon by christmas severely limits the ability to pay for food for many....I love your comments about your family and was esp. touched about the letter you found from your Mother..I was only 20 in 1968 I remember the Vietnam war well, live in san diego, california where the men of the usa became the men of the Navy even worked on a Navy training center, it is all gone now..I could be your Momma I could, your writings of your Momma touched me greatly..take care, keep up the blog, how about some recipes??????????????????????

Humble wife said...

Marica- I pray that this post brightened your spirits!

Tomestone-yes it is as everything is made from scratch, I need to have a well supplied baking area!

Anonymous~what a precious comment. I am sure your help with your brother in law is the best as it affords him ease and healthier foods. So sweet...btw we had our fourth child at Balboa Naval hospital, which being from SD you are familiar with! My recipes get posted on the right hand side of the blog under the button Double Nickel Farm recipes. I try and keep them as genuine as possible and I appreciate your leaving a comment and please come back!

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

You never fail to get me thinking my friend!

russell1200 said...

O.k. think about this. Without piping in water, or using fuel, how many people can the land you photographed support in a dry year? How many places in the Unites States, have below their carrying capacity of people without piping in water or using fuel to feed itself? It is not an argument about empty spaces, it is an argument about resources.

Looks like a pancake squash. They are very tasty.

debbieo said...

I am amazed by you. Your momma must of been an amazing woman. Those children look so close in age, well of course they had to be, bless her heart. I anticipate reading about your parents.
I was going to ask for recipes but I read the comments and now I am off to look through your recipes.
Take care,
Debbieo

Humble wife said...

Michelle :)

Russell- that is a good thing to say about providing resources until you view northwest Ohio, or say much of our Midwest that is vast empty and plenty of resources. In fact, after living in Germany I can say the same thing for most of the country side of Germany~empty and underpopulated. Those that cry overpopulation are correct-our cities are overpopulated...filled with crime, filled with pollution and disease, but there is an incredible world that man has made it possible to sustain in. And I promise you, all the needs to ensure a city run properly are greater than the efforts to bring water up from my well-yep a well, in NM! To those that are overpopulated or cry population explosion I say look around or move...


And the squash is a pattypan...kind of hid from me for a week or so!!!

Debbieo=if you wish for a recipe and cant find it let me know, that button is a work in progress!

BLD in MT said...

GREAT post.

Humble wife said...

BLD-Thanks!