"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Simple Life

I love when a plant starts blooming~it makes me feel like I have my very own greeting committee!

I saw this stool in a magazine/brochure and snapped a photo as I want to make several stools like this!


You do not always need to buy a card to share a romantic message. Thank you White Sands~

When cooking or prepping food one need not have all the items in the recipe. Substitutions often allow you to shine through.

This is still one of my favorite doodles...on our computer desk in school room. I did have some time on my hands while waiting for something to print, and had a Sharpie. About three hours later I had to check something on the computer and found the LOL. Seems like my kids are goofs~and added something I forgot~ LOL=Loving our Love! One of the four may have added to my doodle~and I am thankful he(#2) did!


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jen:

If you make the stools - consider doing it with 3 legs, that way it will not "wobble".

A note to think about - when we use a new recipe we use it as presented. Then we discuss changes/substitutions etc., and write them down to try. If we elect to change a recipe (and yeah I've done this when substituting for a missing ingredient) WRITE IT DOWN! Nothing is more awful than changing something, LOVING the "new" receipe and not writing it down so you can repeat it!

Just a thought or two!

Love ya
VA Sis

Paloma said...

Good!!! We are definitely on the same page... ROMANCE! Very needed in every marriage... sometimes we have to make sure we get it in... it's work when we are not used to being romantic but then if all flows... and the blooming is beautiful too! :)

Mrs.Rabe said...

That is a cool flower in your top photo...do you know what it is called?

I love a simple life, though mine seems full of business and not so simple at times, that is where my heart is!

Deanna

Humble wife said...

VA SIS-You are brilliant!! Excellent tip!

Paloma-I know! It is wonderful indeed!


Deanna-it is an Aster and this is the first year I have ever grown thsi flower and I love it! I pray you get some slow down time soon <3

Gayle said...

I love Asters. My first ones just bloomed. I think our summer was too cool plus it is too short for Asters, but I try every year anyhow. I am blogging a photo of one today.

Humble wife said...

Oh Gayle- I have decided that Asters are my almost fav flower(behind the sunflower) and will grow them everyyear!