"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Pizza Perfection!

Yesterday at 4:55 pm I realized I had not prepared anything for dinner. I confess with the summer I have been slacking a bit in this arena. So I had to think fast and wow...I actually made something so yummy that I am adding it to the recipe files.

Introducing Last Minute Dinner Delights:

Take a medium zucchini slice thin. Cut cheese wedges, make pizza sauce and find toppings. We used spinach, tomatoes, and onions(on second of zucchini pizzas not pictured).

 Bake at 350F for about 10 minutes and enJoy!!
  
 In garden news, we have squash up to our ears...and some that are growing grand for the fair:
Isn't  this patty-pan squash huge?I can't wait to clip it off and see what the final measurement will be.
This post shares the patty-pan squash entered last year. It was about 7 inches across~and this one is even larger! 

This is a Cocozelle(zucchini) and is about 20 inches long so far!
I can't wait for the County Fair

6 comments:

Paloma said...

well... first of all for the tip to use zucchini like "pizza" very cool! I love zucchini so I will be using that tip! ... and your garden... wow! Those are amazing! Great job!

Mrs.Rabe said...

Those zucchini pizzas look yummy!

What a great idea!

Deanna

Anonymous said...

You my perfect wife are perfection

I love you!

debbieo said...

Well I for one am glad you were a slacker, you came up with a great recipe.
I had patty pan squash for the first time this year. When we get moved I want to get a fall garden in right away.
Have fun at the fair.
debbieo

Gayle said...

What a great idea for dinner! My squash didn't grow at all and my zucchini are tiny. I've failed at those the last few years.... going to have to do some reading this winter to figure out what I'm doing wrong. I hope you do well in the fair!

Humble wife said...

Oh Gayle- my tomatoes bit the dust...weird season for us. So each year we roll up the sleeves and try to improve from the previous year!