"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Saturday Six

Time for Saturday Six once again~so here goes:

I read on a blog someone made pumpkin ravioli.  I must live in the sticks to not have heard of this before. Well I do live in the sticks, but how did I miss a recipe with pumpkin? I am going to make pumpkin ravioli next week and I can't wait as pumpkin and I are BFF's!   For now the above photo is a photo of the computer with the recipe I am going to use.

I also have this tab up. I have been studying the Old Testament and really enjoying what I am learning.

I thought I would share my desktop this morning.  I have a ton of images saved. Many are for inspiration and ideas. Every Sunday I go through the desktop and either file the photo or trash it. Yes, this is my brain on desktop!

Early morning garden harvest. Love zucchini and one idea I saw this week was to make a zucchini type pizza!  I think I may have to~so look forward to a post on that!

I visited a friend in town and was able to take this photo of the moon coming up over the mountain(well you know what I mean)! Pretty amazing isn't it?

Since I taunted you with my desktop, I thought I would share one item from the desktop. I lifted this from a Face*book friend who said she found it~so I am not sure who to credit. The image is of making Bisquick individual pot pies, so maybe it is from Bisquick. I think this is a great idea and am going to make these for lunches.

4 comments:

kymber said...

i can't say that i would order pumpkin ravioli for dinner but let me know how it turns out! however - the bisquick thingies look interesting - recipe please!

oh and Phelan is doing her blogathon today - stop in and say hi if you get a chance!

your friend,
kymber

Humble wife said...

Kymber- lol on the pumpkin ravioli! And yes I will post a recipe for both. I did swing by and entered her caption contest...

((Huggles my northern friend)))

justdifferent said...

Ok I was scrolling down and half heartedly scanning to start with.. until my brain went HOLD IT>> THATS MY TRUCK... then I realized what was going on.. hahahaha If you like the pot pie recipe let me know. I make salmon patties in the muffin tin to bake so I dont fry... as well as individual servings of meatloaf, if you are interested.... As for your desk top, I am a much less visually oriented person than you.. THAT much stuff on my desk top would make me blind!!!! Love ya.

Humble wife said...

LOL JD-well neat you have a truck like the one in the photo:) We are truck twins!! Yep I do the meatloaf this way too. As to the blindness don't linger on the image. I do not want to blind a blogger! lol