1. I love sunflowers. 2. I love eclectic purses and own a purse that looks like a saddle. 3. I am scared of the dark, but love the open expanse of the night sky and the stars that fill it. 4. I love the song Edelweiss from the Sound of Music but prefer the version where Christopher Plummer actually sings it...check You*Tube~it gets me every time. 5. I have 15 tabs up as I type this post 6. I love onions-and eat an onion nearly every single day~poor Bill I suppose. 7. When I drive I have to tilt the seat forward a bit so I will be able to reach the gas peddle. If one does not adjust the seat before sitting-after I drive they may get stuck! 8. I love walking barefoot even though I do not have much opportunity to do so. 9. I love movies that promote family, happiness, and the possibility of good...and rarely watch anything else. 10. I love the smell of coffee, but do not drink coffee.
11. I can put my feet inside Bill's shoes while I am wearing shoes. 12. I am Texan through marriage. 13. I loved baseball as a little girl and my favorite team was the Philadelphia Phillies. 14. I love Seven Brides for Seven Brothers...and have watched it many times 15. Bill and I are neither the oldest, nor the youngest, nor the middle child amongst our sibling groups. 16. I love fossils-and have many all around the farm. I gather rocks of all sizes with fossils. My property could be an archaeological site...although my rocks come from all over. 17. I do not wear any jewelry to include wedding bands. I have explained why I do not have wedding rings before...quite simply they were stolen and we have never replaced them. Am I less married? Do marriages last longer or less because of a ring? 18. At this very moment I am thinking of how long it has been since I have eaten a Heath candy bar~or how long it has been since I have seen one. I wonder if they are available at any stores in my local town-guess I will check. 19. I have ice skated on ditches and roller skated on roads. 20. I am the shortest amongst my siblings, my in-laws, and even my own children.
21. I love Ireland although I have never been there~perhaps someday I will see it first hand instead of in books, magazines, and the computer. 22. I read all the time and have neglected my sidebar in updating my reading list. 23. I loved a goose named George...yes, this is true. 24. I dilute anything I drink besides water...by adding 50% water. 25. I love playing games. 26. I am an eternal optimist and see possibility in all things and in most people. 27. I will always be a momma bear about my kids-even though they are mostly grown! 28. I just knew when I met Bill he was the one. My how shocked my mom must have been. I understand why many may not have believed that we would remain married. I mean come on~who gets married after only knowing each other a small amount of time? Well I did...and happily ever after is not completely written, but happily with lots of effort is the theme. 29. I loved my first grade teacher. When I was in high school she died of cancer and I cried for several days. 30. I am not going to share in my real life this day or list.
31. I have talked with chickens daily for several years. I smile when I scrape the dishes as I save the waste for the henny penny's. 32. Tomato bugs creep me out! Oh my...and they nibble on me. Ugh. 33. Bill has the key to my heart. 34. I wear kitchen gloves when I cut the hot peppers...yes I am sure this is a lovely image. For the record the gloves, size small are too long for my fingers-it drives me a bit crazy! 35. Whenever I say that makes me crazy-Bill corrects me...and tells me er. As in you know, not crazy but crazier! 36. I love giraffes. 37. I love reading poetry. Not all poetry but some. 38. If I have read something I can find it once again in a book. Open book tests would be a breeze for me. 39. I am one of those people that returns the shopping cart back to where it goes. 40. I always park in the same row...yes, this is true. It is my effort to help me in my continued aging. If I have this as a habit, I will not look like many I see walking around the parking lot looking for their cars. All I have to do is walk up the row I park in.
41. I like playing Double Nickel Farm ping pong. Our way is on a smaller table and with intense play offs which leads to 42. I am very competitive. 43. I would like to think I am a compassionate person, but realize I fall short often. 44. I wash my dishes in number counts. You see I clean in non stop motion. So I will wash 20 dishes, rinse then head off and do another task. I zip back then empty the dishrack and repeat the action. Constant motion gets the house clean quickly~now last of all...I am sharing 45. I love pumpkin pies. I cannot tell a lie. Today is officially known as Pumpkin Pie day in my house. Today you see is my 45th birthday and so I thought I would share 45 random things about me.
I pray on this day that all my friends in blogland have a wonderful day...I wish we could all gather and share some pie together~as long as you appreciate that I am a pumpkin pie junkie!! Thank you all for visiting as your stops make my day!
Jennifer the really old blogger~ that is now half way to 90. Holy smokes...
|This is last year's pie~which was my very own pie and I am not ashamed to say I ate it all.|