"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Sunday, June 24, 2012

The Forty Five Things List

It is time for a list so be prepared.

1. I love sunflowers.  2. I love eclectic purses and own a purse that looks like a saddle.  3. I am scared of the dark, but love the open expanse of the night sky and the stars that fill it.  4. I love the song Edelweiss from the Sound of Music but prefer the version where Christopher Plummer actually sings it...check You*Tube~it gets me every time. 5. I have 15 tabs up as I type this post  6. I love onions-and eat an onion nearly every single day~poor Bill I suppose. 7. When I drive I have to tilt the seat forward a bit so I will be able to reach the gas peddle. If one does not adjust the seat before sitting-after I drive they may get stuck! 8. I love walking barefoot even though I do not have much opportunity to do so. 9. I love movies that promote family, happiness, and the possibility of good...and rarely watch anything else.  10. I love the smell of coffee, but do not drink coffee.

11. I can put my feet inside Bill's shoes while I am wearing shoes. 12. I am Texan through marriage. 13. I loved baseball as a little girl and my favorite team was the Philadelphia Phillies. 14. I love Seven Brides for Seven Brothers...and have watched it many times 15. Bill and I are neither the oldest, nor the youngest, nor the middle child amongst our sibling groups. 16. I love fossils-and have many all around the farm. I gather rocks of all sizes with fossils. My property could be an archaeological site...although my rocks come from all over. 17. I do not wear any jewelry to include wedding bands. I have explained why I do not have wedding rings before...quite simply they were stolen and we have never replaced them. Am I less married? Do marriages last longer or less because of a ring? 18. At this very moment I am thinking of how long it has been since I have eaten a Heath candy bar~or how long it has been since I have seen one. I wonder if they are available at any stores in my local town-guess I will check. 19. I have ice skated on ditches and roller skated on roads. 20. I am the shortest amongst my siblings, my in-laws, and even my own children.

21. I love Ireland although I have never been there~perhaps someday I will see it first hand instead of in books, magazines, and the computer. 22. I read all the time and have neglected my sidebar in updating my reading list. 23. I loved a goose named George...yes, this is true. 24. I dilute anything I drink besides water...by adding 50% water. 25. I love playing games. 26. I am an eternal optimist and see possibility in all things and in most people. 27. I will always be a momma bear about my kids-even though they are mostly grown! 28. I just knew when I met Bill he was the one. My how shocked my mom must have been. I understand why many may not have believed that we would remain married. I mean come on~who gets married after only knowing each other a small amount of time? Well I did...and happily ever after is not completely written, but happily with lots of effort is the theme. 29. I loved my first grade teacher. When I was in high school she died of cancer and I cried for several days. 30. I am not going to share in my real life this day or list.

31. I have talked with chickens daily for several years. I smile when I scrape the dishes as I save the waste for the henny penny's. 32. Tomato bugs creep me out! Oh my...and they nibble on me. Ugh. 33. Bill has the key to my heart. 34. I wear kitchen gloves when I cut the hot peppers...yes I am sure this is a lovely image. For the record the gloves, size small are too long for my fingers-it drives me a bit crazy! 35. Whenever I say that makes me crazy-Bill corrects me...and tells me er. As in you know, not crazy but crazier! 36. I love giraffes. 37. I love reading  poetry. Not all poetry but some. 38. If I have read something I can find it once again in a book. Open book tests would be a breeze for me. 39. I am one of those people that returns the shopping cart back to where it goes. 40. I always park in the same row...yes, this is true. It is my effort to help me in my continued aging. If I have this as a habit, I will not look like many I see walking around the parking lot looking for their cars. All I have to do is walk up the row I park in.

41. I like playing Double Nickel Farm ping pong. Our way is on a smaller table and with intense play offs which leads to 42. I am very competitive. 43. I would like to think I am a compassionate person, but realize I fall short often. 44. I wash my dishes in number counts. You see I clean in non stop motion. So I will wash 20 dishes, rinse then head off and do another task. I zip back then empty the dishrack and repeat the action. Constant motion gets the house clean quickly~now last of all...I am sharing 45. I love pumpkin pies. I cannot tell a lie. Today is officially known as Pumpkin Pie day in my house. Today you see is my 45th birthday and so I thought I would share 45 random things about me.

I pray on this day that all my friends in blogland have a wonderful day...I wish we could all gather and share some pie together~as long as you appreciate that I am a pumpkin pie junkie!! Thank you all for visiting as your stops make my day!

Signed,
Jennifer the really old blogger~ that is now half way to 90. Holy smokes...
This is last year's pie~which was my very own pie and I am not ashamed to say I ate it all.

15 comments:

Maria said...

at 45 you're still young!! lol Hope you're having a wonderful day Jennifer! xx

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Jennifer! May you have maany more.

sam

Humble wife said...

Hi Maria- I just rolled out of bed so very late this morn, so the day has just begun(7:14 am)! I know it is going to be wonderful thanks!

Sam-thank you so much!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!
LizinNY

debbieo said...

Happy Birthday to you. I am a giant next to you, I am 5 feet 9 inches tall and wear an 8 1/2 wedding ring and a size 11 shoe. My fingers are long and the large kitchen gloves are a bit tight. I think I am an Amazon, I am the tallest in my family except for the men and some of them are shorter than me. Now my daughters are gettin taller than me so I will not be the tallest forever.
Take care and enjoy your pie.
debbieo

Glenn B said...

Happy birthday youngster. If you think you are really old at 45, well when you hit my age you will not think 45 is old. Hope you have a truly nice and enjoyable birthday.

All the best,
Glenn B

Susan said...

Enjoyed! Someday, if the Lord tarries, you will understand how very young 45 really is!!!!

DebbieLynne said...

Happy Birthday from a still-young 58-year-old!

Humble wife said...

Liz-You are my dear blog friend and I thank you so much!!!

(Hugs) Debbie as we are the opposite twins! Makes me kind of thinking you would be a great neighbor...we could complement eachother in housework! You take the high, I take the low!!!

Glenn-thank you! It just is shocking to see the external and KNOW I am older...but the internal is still about 30.

(Susan) I know from scripture I am young, but it does seem at times I have lived a lifetime and a day! I am a studying to show myself approved for His return my friend!

((Hugs)) to my young friend DebbieLynne!!! Thankyou!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday - and do you remember growing up we could pick our own "birthday cake/desert"? You ALWAYS picked Pumpkin Pie (one of my daughters always picks strawberry shortcake).
Love you
VA SIS

Humble wife said...

My VA Sis...oh yes, I know we were allowed to choose, but I also remember having pie in Michigan before I could have appreciated the choice!! By the way...pumpkins are best as Pie for me~so it does work out beautifully! ps <3 you!!!

kymber said...

hey - i always read the labels too!

oh sweet Jennifer - 45 sounds like it is going to be even more awesome than the first 44 years! you have your gorgeous man, your beautiful children and your amazing farm. not to mention that you are gorgeous - remember that pic that you put up and took down in a day?!?!? i still remember your beautiful blonde hair and your smile - absolutely gorgeous!

i am glad that you ate all of last year's pumpkin pie - bahahahahah! i hope that you ate all of this year's pie too - even though you virtually shared it with all of us!

in closing, only one thing to add:
(*ahem* *ahem* clearing my throat so that the screechy-voiced singing can commence!)

Happy Belated Birthday to you!
Happy Belated Birthday to you!
Happy Belated Birthday to my spicey New Mexico friend with whom it has been an absolute joy to get to know over the years and i pray that one day i can brush her beautiful hair and make her some tea and finally hug her -
Happy Belated Birthday to you!

love, love, love - so much love being sent to the DN crew....always! your friend,
kymber

Humble wife said...

Kymber-music to my ears!!! My blonde is almost gray now...so 45 is old! I am sure that down the road when the kiddies are on the own...Bill and I will head north!! So be prepared and darnit...buy a swimsuit so we can all take a dip with some old people decorum!!! ;) bahahaahaahhahaa!

Gayle said...

Happy Birthday!! I love giraffes, too. I was a bartender once who wore the giraffe print shirt. :) and I have stuffed giraffes. (Love pumpkin pie, too). Not into fossils, though. :)

I hope you had a wonderful day. I just may have to do the "45 list" on my birthday...just a couple months away.

Humble wife said...

Gayle- it is so neat to see we have such things in common! Of course I reached the halfway point before ya...just sayin! I cant wait to see your list!!