"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Tuesday Before Photo

While on an outing with my sweetie, we came across 4 tired, worn, and dirty, dining room chairs. A sign had been crudely painted that said Free for the Takin. I made Bill turn about and we loaded the four chairs in the back of the truck. I finally am working on the chairs and thought I needed to post a before photo.

I am sure that when Bill saw the chairs he translated the sign to say what the owners most likely intended: We are hoping some fool will pick these up, so we do not have to haul them to the garbage dump. At times I had wondered this myself as the chairs have sat and taunted me for several months.

I can't wait until the chairs are completely finished so you can see the Before and After Photo!

11 comments:

hobo said...

I would've stopped, too. :-) Can't wait to see how you refurbish them.

kymber said...

oooooh! i can't wait to see what you do with them - this is sooo exciting!!! woohoo!

your friend,
kymber

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

We rescued a dresser headed to the dump heap, fixed it up and it gave us a number of years service. Now it really is ready for the dump!

Susan said...

They will be lovely when you are finished with them. Of that I have no doubt!!! I will be eager to see them.

debbieo said...

Oh I bet the change will be stunning. Cant wait to see what your creative mind comes up with. Go Jen.
debbieo

Crystal Mary said...

Good on you for grabbing them. They are wonderful and will come up well. Now I wonder how you will revamp them? It would have to be according to your other furnishings. I would go with an antique silver green on the timber with darker green brocade on the seat..Now I want to see what you do. xx

Maria said...

I look forward to seeing the chairs' transformation Jennifer :-)

Rhonda said...

Cannot wait to see the "new look".....you are so talented and wow....to share life with you must be an adventure

Gayle said...

You are so creative.... I bet the chairs will be stunning.

Anonymous said...

You've got me thinking about yarn-bombing a chair...hmmmm...

Too fun! :)

LizinNY

Humble wife said...

Okay the after photo is up. It wasnt too hard to make them look better as the chairs were so bad! Thank you all for stopping by...and yarn bombing?!?!?! not sure what this is, but look forward to thinking about it!