"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Things Are Not Often As They Seem

I have avoided writing about current news or politics for a while.  It seems like when I think nothing else so bizarre can happen, I am proven wrong.  I have been thinking about how to address what is going on using a photo montage of my daughter that I took last year.
Our politicians are pretty much the same. We are always told what they are doing and are shown photo shoots of them in action.
They appear as if they are reaching to the outer limits to achieve something for us~the common man.

They stand boldly and profess their brave stance on issues that are important.
 
 Pushing for more, confessing that the risk is worth it, as they are elected by the people and should be working for the people. 


Yet, in truth...thanks to an ever willing media, and I suppose an American Public that is busy running to and fro









That the politician is never really what he or she seems.

Never forget this...


Stay tuned for upcoming posts about
 Romney and Obama
Elizabeth Warren
The Congressional Black Caucus
Drugs and Racism
Selective Abortions
American History
Heroes
Marriage
Healthy Family
Education 
Summer Meal Programs
Entitlements and Christians
Churches Responsibility
Jesus Christ 
Eric Holder coaching Black churches on how to support Obama 
Voter Fraud
Reparations
and of course why a man that has one white parent should be referred to as White Hispanic, all the while another man has one white parent is referred to as the first African American President in American History. 

Perhaps I have been silent too long.  

Martin Luther King said this in his infamous I Have a Dream speech
I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.
  
Sadly Martin Luther King's words are forgotten if an opportunity to throw mud at a political party arises~then names like Trayvon Martin and George Zimmerman are on the table all the while Rudy Eugene and Ronald Poppo will never be seen under the same magnifying glass.One took place in the dark hours of the evening, and the other in the beautiful sunshine. I have not seen any marches, protest, or skittle like signs made for Poppo~yet I cannot imagine a more barbaric and HATEful way to be attacked.

3 comments:

Matt said...

Perhaps I have been silent too long.

I think we've all been silent for too long and now the Zombies are inside the house....

Susan said...

I so agree Jen but the trouble is we preach to the choir on our blogs because we are followed by like minded Christians. I'm most happy for that and the ability for us to encourage one another to stand firm in the faith and standing we have in Jesus, the Christ.

Rhonda said...

Hallelujah Let Freedom Ring....I agree 110% Jen....Let Truth come forth....love the illustration of your daughter climbing heights of heights to actually be but 2' off the ground....excellent !!!!