"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Sunday, April 1, 2012

No Fooling

Article
These folks lined up for a lottery ticket.  Look how neat and orderly the line is.  Not many people can imagine having a half billion dollars(or whatever the payout will be minus taxes), but many rushed out to try to win.

Ace of Spades
Many people bought tickets~hoping that they would win.  Many believed that a winning ticket-could be the ticket that would change their lives.  I thought I would like to share something that requires no money, yet comes with many promises that far surpass a half billion dollars. What is this promise filled gift? A Bible.
If you would like a Bible please click here.

By the way, we have no lines, no hassle, and of course know that through His Holy Word you can enrich your life in ways that can give you hope in times where little hope exist.

10 comments:

Gayle said...

I would not stand in a line like that, but I sure would have gotten a ticket if I could have. Three people won yesterday...you never know when your luck is going to change. I could use some luck and unfortunately...a windfall like that sure would erase almost every single problem we have right now. Kind of silly, but unavoidable at this point.

Mrs. Mac said...

The lottery ... a poor man's tax (according to Dave Ramsey) The Bible has an everlasting rate of return :)

Rhonda said...

Seriously???? that is incredible....that is greed!

Mrs.Rabe said...

Wow...

I love that you give Bibles away...it is the only thing to put our trust in!

Deanna

keepinitruralinthemidwest said...

Howdy Humble Wife, just love that you do this. You're awesome and I praise God for that!

Sassy

Glenn B said...

Hi Jen,

No offense intended but I have to say:

I don't care who you are - if you are not already filthy rich - winning that much money certainly would make a lot of things (like paying bills) a whole lot easier.

As for that line, is that the only lottery ticket seller in the state? Heck back here I bought my tickets while enjoying a beer at my local bar but could have gotten them at a news stand or a supermarket or businesses. Lottery dealers are all over the place back here. And yes, they got rid of smoking in bars but had to allow another vice to take its place!

Now that you got me thinking of the megamillions, I have to check the tickets my wife bought. I know we did not win the big prize since I heard there was only 1 winner on a ticket bought in MD, but it sure would be a relief to win second prize. We could use the financial boost.

By the way, every now and again, I have been reading the good book you sent to me.

All the best,
Glenn B

Glenn B said...

Whoopeeee, my wife had a ticket with two winning games on it, worth a total of $5.

I just saw that here in NYS, 17 people won the second prize of $250,000. I don't know if thye split it or each one gets that much. Still, if they split it, they each get over $14K. That could be a great help to lots of folks.

All the best,
GB

Carrie said...

A bible will get you a lot further than half a million for sure if you read it and live by it. Thanks for the post.

debbieo said...

The gift of God is eternal life. I believe I will take that, no lines not waiting, just ask.
debbieo

Humble wife said...

Gayle-many believe that the winning ticket would be so much for them, so I suppose your thoughts are not silly.

Mrs. Mac- I had never heard that, but how perfect, and sad. So true.

Rhonda-to me, I think about shopping and how I shop at off hours to avoid long lines...and when I saw this photo I was amazed at how people were so patient and organized in their waiting.

Deanna-I agree and that is why we give bibles away.

Sassy-the Praise is all to Him!

Glenn, of course money would pay off bills etc and make life seemingly easier. I only look at how we as people are-when we have money we spend it all. When we dont have money we charge it all. Money seems to be the initial salve, but not the solution, as you are correct, we insert one vice for another all the time.Best news of the day-to hear you are opening the pages and reading! Makes me happy my friend.

Carrie-yes as through Him is eternal salvation

Debbie-amen!