"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

I Love Flowers

 I thought I would share my flowery day!
When we moved to the farm we had a Peace Rose.  The winter of 2011 killed my Peace Rose bush, but as a little gift this rose bush began to grow.  
Note the arrow-this is one of our Peace Roses in the fair 2008! As you can see the roses are clearly different. I love that I my new roses are brightening my farm~and although I miss my yellow roses- I am content!

Last flowery photo...my sweetie brought me a bouquet of flowers that grow in the desert.  To many, I am sure they would be considered weeds, but for me,  I love how simple and beautiful they are! Thank you my Bill, I love them.

5 comments:

Susan said...

Beauty is truly in the eyes of both the giver and the receiver. You two see beauty!!! I love that.

keepinitruralinthemidwest said...

LOVE Roses and yours are beautiful!! That bouquet is very sweet.

Anonymous said...

:)
LizinNY

Carrie said...

I love your rose bush!!!! I have one in the front yard that was given to us 10 years ago as a wedding gift and it has somehow morphed long stem pink roses with red teacup roses. I swear they are both coming out of the same base!

Thinking of you! I think I need to pick your brain about how to enter state fair contests??

Anonymous said...

I think wild flowers are so fine!
matermusearts.wordpress.com