"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Prayers and More Needed

I believe in the power of prayer.


I also know that hardship, disease, trials, and tribulations are part of life.


I recently found a new blogity friend. She is smart, loves the Lord, and loves her husband ever so much. My blogity friend and her husband are in need of prayers. You see her husband has been told he has colon cancer.

He started a blog to let his precious wife know how much he loves her.


I have been blogging for a while, and truly try to use my blog to lift up, to encourage, and to share my faith. I am not perfect and fail often, but today, I am here~ using this blog to share with everyone about DebbieLynne and John. I pray you take the time to swing over to both their blogs. You will be encouraged in your visit, and strengthened by the strength they both share.

I ask that if you are a praying person that you pray for God's will to be done. I pray that if you have it in your heart, and are financially able, that you would consider assisting these people on this journey they are on.


Please visit them, get to know them, share with them that you, where ever you are, have heard about their story, their trials, and are with them in thought, prayer, and in kindness. In all I have done, I confess I try not to ask for anything, but in this post I ask that you take the time and visit them. I ask that maybe, if you can, you would consider sharing their story on your blog. Like I said, I believe in the power of prayer. I believe in this new world where we can connect, form friendships, and lasting relationships...all based on the Internet.

And John and DebbieLynne, thank you. Thank you for your posts as I always leave a better person after I have visited. I am praying for you...

Your New Mexico Friend,

Jennifer

11 comments:

Crystal Mary said...

God bless you for bringing this to our attention. I am going to pray fro the, I believe in THE POWER, and also the POWER of using Gods Word. I hang on tightly to Isaiah 54:17, "But in that coming day no weapon (diagnosis)turned against you will succeed. You will silence every voice raised up to accuse you(to speak an illness). These benefits are enjoyed by the servants of the LORD; their vindication will come from me. I, the LORD, have spoken!Praise God. I will visit your friends.

Peggy said...

Prayers going up. My son in law just found out last month he has colon cancer. He is only 27 years old. Would you please say a prayer for him also.

Rhonda said...

Oh Jenn, I will be lifting both of them up in prayer...only God's knows the plans and purposes of all things...who am I but to praise him for his divine plans....thank you for sharing this and I know your new friends appreciate the generosity of your love and compassion...I too shall join in with you in prayer....

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

I surely do wish we could help them financially but we are struggling to come up with the downpayment on a car since we are a foot right now. I will pray for them.

Humble wife said...

Crystal Mary~Praise Him indeed!! May we never forget the power of prayer.

Peggy- I ask those that comment to lift up your sil and I am praying this very moment. May your family be comforted in this time. Praise God, as in our weakness He is made strong.

Oh Rhonda-thankyou my dear friend, we can do all things through Christ which stregntheneth us.

Humble wife said...

Michelle- I wish I had a million dollars...I too wish I could give...but prayer is power. Never forget.

kymber said...

we will be praying for them! and peggy's son in law. we will pray!

your friend,
kymber

DebbieLynne said...

Jen, thank you so very much for posting our need. I'm sending prayers for Peggy's son-in-law. He's way too young for this!

Humble wife said...

DebbieLynne-I am so glad I have a blog to share your story. I pray that as I have a moment I lift you and John up to the Lord.

As to age or who has what or what not, I rest in Him, as I am without words, as you and John are too young too. I am comforted in your faith in Him and pray that Peggy's son in law find Christ if he does not know Him.

(((hugs))) and love.

Glenn B said...

I am praying for him because I believe that the power of prayer had much to do with my own recovery.

All the best,
Glenn B

Humble wife said...

Glenn, Prayer is amazing, and I agree with you. I am so thankful for your health, and that you are praying too. Take care friend...