"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

If I had a son


he would look like Trayvon Martin.
President Barack Obama March 2012

I have three sons. I cannot imagine losing any one of them. I would NEVER stand up and raise the color of their skin in such an ugly way. I am saddened by the death of this teen. His life was wasted and his death is being turned into a race baiting show. How dare we allow his death to be spun into anything more than it was.

The story will come out. Thanks to the media's assumption that this was a white on black crime we can expect riots.

I rarely have heard of a Hispanic referred to as anything other than a Hispanic, but in this case, the shooter has been labeled...White Hispanic.

The address of the above White Hispanic was tweeted by Spike Lee.

There are calls for the shooter to be brought in...some dead or alive.

Hoodies are now being worn as an emblem of pride and solidarity.

It appears as if Trayvon Martin was not the perfect student-many aren't.

It appears as if Trayvon Martin is being turned into a hero for dying and will champion the race division for years.

Yet, my little old brain cries foul. I hear the president's comment and my brain screams. If I had a son- I would expect him to live above the standards set for him. I would say zero tolerance for behavior that was below the bar of what I expected. I would provide an abundance of books for him to read. I would take him to the library, on walks, and have meals with him. His schedule would be something he would know. He would be called my cutie petootie. I would snuggle him, and buggle him, and love him to pieces. I would tell him he could become anything he wanted, even the president of the United States. I would tell him he could be anything he wanted...as long as he gave his 100%, whether he chose something where he served another, or worked for himself or something in the middle. I would expect him to open doors for women, help his father in jobs around the farm, and to allow for silly family photos for his momma. If Trayvon was my son I would love how tall he had grown and would have told him that with such great height comes great responsibility.

Yet, the main stream media is stirring the fire on this race war.

All the while, hundreds of thousands of boys, just like Trayvon, need parents to look upon them and say something like this: "If I had a son like Trayvon, I would be the best father or mother I could be and would expect my son to be the best he could be."


By the way if anyone wanted to see who was waging war on blacks-you could go to this website. Where is the outcry for these wee one's???
For every 1,000 African-American babies born, 1,448 were aborted.
This has not made the news has it? Why aren't the race baiters screaming from the rooftops?

Welcome Gateway Pundit Readers!!

11 comments:

HossBoss said...

Amen and amen, HW. My heart goes out to any parent who loses a child and I do know how it feels. Regardless of how or why, it's just a tragedy when a young life is lost. But it's a travesty when the loss is turned into a race baiting circus like this.

Now that witnesses are saying Trayvon punched Zimmerman and had him pinned on the ground and was beating Zimmerman's head against the sidewalk ...Trayvon's family and friends are saying if Zimmerman had not followed Trayvon in the first place, it wouldn't have happened. There is some truth in that. On the other hand, if Trayvon had not been on a 10 day suspension from school and sent to his dad's house, he wouldn't have been there for Zimmerman to follow. It's just very, very sad all the way around.

Anonymous said...

Daily we are seeing that politics is what appears to be greatest in our leaders minds.

Susan said...

Said so well, as always, Jen.

Rhonda said...

I feel your fire this morning sister.....the world is the place where the source of evil dwells and it is but our responsibility as believers of and in the Light to be a light ...one voice can do nothing w/out the unity of the Trinity with it....I can never reach your neighbor with my words..but my voice made one with your voice inspired by God can reach your neighbors, my neighbors, their neighbors....!

Sue said...

Wow. I don't know what this is all about. Being from Canada, and not someone to watch TV, I'm just starting to hear about it via the blogs. I can say that I admire your passion and standards.

debbieo said...

I agree, I am not able to express it as well as you but I think there is way more to this than is being told. I also agree about why this one? why a hispanic white? where did that come from? Why are all the pictures they show of him 5 years old? Who is crying out from the land where all the babies spilt blood is?
Child sacrafice every day but no one raises a fuss.
debbieo

Brittany said...

I agree. It has saddened me to see what this has turned into. I think this is not a race issue and the detectives investigating will come to a conclusion as to whether any charges should be filed. I wish the public would stop trying to turn it into a circus.

Humble wife said...

HB-no matter where the truth rests, this case has shown us that our nation is becoming more and more divided among race...and our leaders seem to be promoting this. Very sad. May we never forget Trayvon...as he was and could have become someone that may have added to our national fiber. Instead his death is being touted as a race crime. We will never hear of anything but spin from this point forward...sad.

Anonymous-you are correct!

Susan-thankyou.

Awe Sue-I pray my passion and standards are on God's lines. I am certain they fail often.

Debbie-why? because of the agenda and spin of the MSM. Makes me sick. Mind you, we must never forget that Martin and Zimmerman were changed that night. One called to serve his community and one that seemed to be in the wrong place and apparently combative. May we never forget that the media looks for sensationalism and thought they had it with an Anglo name and a young black man. Sadly we now have white Hispanic as a result of their frenzy. May the courts allow the truth to come out.

Brittany-I believe the circus is already happening. May we not have riots as a result of this madness the media is stirring.

Anonymous said...

Obama appears to consider Trayvon worthy enough to be his son. I wonder if he would let Malia date him.

matermusearts said...

Hi Jennifer, here's a part of my response to your fine post

.............It has always has been mysterious to me how folks give a care about difference in skin or any other physical characteristics! People are wonderful. Made in God's image.

Maafia 21 Documentary, and the sites you linked tell the real story about eugenics against American blacks. Any time government gives with one hand they take away with the other more than they gave in the first place. The price being asked of poor people of all races is their heritage through abortion and sterilization.

But Jesus said we'll always have the poor with us...............(it's too long, the rest is over on my blog matermusearts.wordpress.com) Thanks for writing this, Jennifer:)

Humble wife said...

Anonymous-most highly unlikely even if Trayvon had lived. Our political class lives a life of do what we say, not as we do...and the rest of us must tow the line.

Muse- I have had your post up all day, and am so in agreement. I thank you for the link and am ever so sad at how easy it has been to bring people to destroy their own...thanks for your post too!