"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Around the Farm


Free range desert birds.
Wooly Mesquite
A hybrid Mesquite that is a cross between a sheep and a Mesquite!

 Tools of the farm include wheelbarrows.


Fences must come with a pass through.


And a canardly Rooster is named Tim Jr. He shares his name with Tim, an older model, and was named after the neighbor that gave us Tim, the older model. 

Any guesses as to what a canardly is?

7 comments:

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Enjoyed my stroll with you today!

Gayle said...

Tonight I was telling my husband about you (as difficult as it was...he has no interest in blogs, thinks I'm nuts to refer to people I don't know as "friends" and just doesn't get it...or won't try to...in general) ...and I was telling him you had a farm in Arizona. He couldn't wrap his mind around it. He looks at me and says.... they have farms in Arizona? I thought it was all desert.

LOL... I guess we need to travel more. :) Tomorrow I'll show him some photos.

Mrs.Rabe said...

I like to see your farm...

I have no idea what a canardly is....

Happy Sunday!
Deanna

keepinitruralinthemidwest said...

Canardly tell what that bird is, it's got so many crosses.

Humble wife said...

Michelle-so glad you did!

Gayle-lol...and believe me, it is sometimes hard to wrap my head around it as I grew up in Ohio where real farms are!! lol

Thanks Deanna!!

Rural-Canardly tell myself as he is several generations from purity! Good job!!!

matermusearts said...

Chicken pics are soooo fine, and you'll be interested to know that your website is #s 1,2, and 3 in the search results for "canardly rooster".:D

Humble wife said...

Mater- well haha!! I guess I am smiling!!