"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Monday, February 6, 2012

What Hasn't Made it to the Blog?

I had written here,that I was going to share some postings that never made it out of the draft file. So without much fanfare, here are some of my posts that never were published~well until now!

Draft from 2/19/08
Title: Tuesday Thoughts

For many reasons I love the 'Gibson Girl' made famous by the artist Charles Dana Gibson. Here is a Gibson Girl and her Beau. For me this is simple, yet says so much. Often we forget to dress and look our best for the 'beau' in our lives. So for today, take a moment and prepare yourself as you would if you were going out on the town and greet your sweetie in your best.

Reason I never posted this? I suppose I didn't want Bill to laugh out loud when I ended up coming to the door in sweats! No actually, I am not sure why I didn't publish this. I love dating my Bill. I love welcoming him when he arrives home. I love hearing of his day, hugging him, and sharing my day.

I pray I always date my sweetheart.


Draft from 4/03/08
Title: Hot in the Greenhouse
~I do think that the thermometer was off~but I liked the raw look of the photo~
February 6, 2012

As I continue this path of becoming self sufficient I am often deep in thought about the Lord. Funny, how this life as tough, and physically demanding that it is, constantly allows me to reflect on my destination.

The greenhouse is of course warm...I have this thermometer in there to keep track...and as you can see we are maxing out in mid day! This is exciting, and I water 3 times a day, my little seeds soon to be desert gardens. But as I looked at the thermometer I thought of death. Not grim, but that we all will die, and we all will have eternal life: but some will be hot and some will be in worship.

I wish when I wrote hot that it was just uncomfortable, and like I could step out of the heat that those who go to hell could get a reprieve, BUT IT IS NOT THE CASE. Hell is real, and it will be filled with torment, just as we read in the Word. I am deeply troubled with this big push that God is a loving God, so therefore we all are going to heaven. Talk about sad. God is loving, and that is why He sent His Son. That is the ultimate gift. God cannot be around sin, therefore, without Christ washing away our sins, we cannot be in His presence.

God is love and man must not change what this means to fit into his definitions of living.

Reason I never posted this? I am not sure. Sometimes I wonder. We totally accept getting pulled over by the police for speeding. In fact, most of us do not dispute the citation because we acknowledge that we were speeding. I wonder why many that profess to know God, do not understand that He is a loving God. That is why He sent His Son to die for our sins. But He made the rules, and no matter how much we try and rewrite His Holy Word, we cannot. Loving us in no measure means we can or should think that we can do something new that was an abomination in His word. We should know that we can through Christ be strengthened to overcome any sin(Phil 4:13), but we should never justify our sin, suggesting His word did not mean what it meant.

Draft from 1/13/09
Title: Untitled

I was zipping through my drafts this morning and realized that I have 113 unpublished post in draft form. Wow, I have lots of thoughts that just don't make the published status once I finish my thoughts. I began to read some of the drafts and realized that they are too

Reason for not posting ? Could it be I was worried about what anyone would think? I wonder what I realized about them? They were too~what? Too boring? Too long? Too crazy? Darn, we will never know what Jennifer of 2009 thought!

Draft from 1/08/09
Title: Untitled
Why be different? Isn't life easier when we all are the same and blah blah blah. Of cou

Reason for not posting? Well clearly I was on some sort of a rant...kind of wish I would have finished this post!


Draft from 12/16/08
Title: Simple Life

Simple sounds: I love the sound that the flag makes in the wind.




Simple gardening: dirt+ garlic bulbs+ water= green!



Have a wonderful day!
Jennifer

Reason for not posting? I am not sure. Maybe something else came up. Maybe I posted it with more simple thoughts.

Well that is it for the day. For the record, I now have 413 drafts waiting for publishing or deleting. I suppose I will leave them where they are and every now and then bring some to light.

Have a wonderful week!
Jennifer

11 comments:

Rhonda said...

Today makes a better day to post than yesterday! Yesterday those that see today would have missed the treasure of the post that you could have, but waited for today!

:0)

I like the Gibson Girl also ..so dainty, so ladylike, but confident ...love that hair ..

Susan said...

Interesting --- I never do drafts. Oh if I have several pieces to write I might put one in draft until the next day so I don't publish but one a day when that happens.

Be sure and read my upcoming post I'll be writing about the 2nd book I just finished for 2012 which is titled Erasing Hell. I've had a real jarring reality about hell from this book. It's something we know is real but push aside and try and ignore 99% of the time.

HossBoss said...

Hmmm... I should go back through my drafts. I have quite a few too!

I nominated you for a Liebster award, Jen. Go read. I meant every word.

http://womanrunswithhorses.blogspot.com/2012/02/paying-it-forward.html

: )

matermusearts said...

too??????

I really identify with you here. :D

kymber said...

teehee...i love jambaloney more than all of the onions of the world too. stop by my blog...i got an award...teehee. and i nominated you for one as well.

your friend,
kymber
(p.s. - seems i missed about 5 of your posts - huh? i'll be back to comment on them)

Monique Elisabeth said...

Hi, I love the Gibson girl too !! So stylish and feminine. I wish I could look like that ; )
Have a wonderful day.

Rhonda said...

I posted on this yesterday, last last night and where oh where did it go ....just wanted to say hey hey and tell you that I also like the Gibson Girl ...she is all woman with spirit! Love her hair ... I wish I could get my long locks up like hers!

Rhonda said...

LOL ... Just now noticed...you have to approve before the comment is posted... LOL ....you must be busy being a Gibson Girl...with all your talent, charm and beauty ....Big Hugs from Arkansas

debbieo said...

I love reading your blog, no matter what you post I always like it.
My thermometer used to top out like that in the greenhouse and I thought it was broken too.
I am thinking about buying a few acres in Belize from some friends. Then I could have chickens and goats and a greenhouse and stuff like that.
Jeff may say no though.
debbieo

Mystic Mud said...

wow, really - all of those unpublished posts!? I have none - I write it and post it, all in one feel swoop. You are robbing us of your talent by keeping them all to yourself, you know! I wish I had posts for when life gets busy and days goes by without blogging!!

Humble wife said...

Rhonda x3 I have been there, done that. I have had to have comment moderation for a few years. I am usually quicker to posting but times get busy here and there, and yes, I would absolutely agree that I have been a Gibson girl in spirit and in life!

Susan- I can't wait to read your review! Boy you are very organized, or perhaps the better thing about me having so many drafts...is I am less organized!

HB- thank you for being my less organized buddy!! Thank you so very much for the award!

Muse-lol! thanks!

Kymber-our men are so fortunate to have women that love them more than onions!! woohoo! And thank you so much for the award!

Monique-I believe many have wished that. I think the Gibson girl is something for us to appreciate and set as a goal, not as much in the perfect image, but of the beauty she exudes in her role as a woman!

Debbie-why thank you, and right back to you. I would be thrilled to read that you had a farm, but love the example you have set by being debt free.

Oh Mystic-why thank you, but most certainly my drafts are just a blogger with too much to say!!