"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Weekend Photos

Here's a bit of what happened over the weekend.

We have been under a bit of a construction project~this is a before an after mini- project of our February makeover, lots more ahead.

We had all the kiddos together at one place!! So we went to IHOP. We took the young momma(next to Fourth and Bill) and her three babies with us, because her sweetie was working. We have known this lovely young woman since we moved to New Mexico.

Bill with the littles~aren't they cute?


This is how the weather has been~


and although I always hope for happiness and joy in everything we have 2 kitties that absolutely dislike each~other, or so I thought.

The other day, I could not believe my eyes. The fakers. So now I know~they do like each other. I love how each one has an eye squinting at me because of the photo, and yep, bff's.

Have a lovely day.




6 comments:

Sassy said...

Love the photos, especially family and the "littles" are adorable. I also know too well about those little fakers OR how one likes to act as commander then once in a while the kisses break out. Too cute!

Anonymous said...

Hey Jen!

I love the blue shutters. Very nice. I love the picture of Bill and the kids, that is a keeper. The picture of the weather is just AWESOME. I hadn't thought about the fact that you can see for long distance across the landscape there without obstacles to block your view. And of course the cats always make me smile.

What a great family, home and life you have! I couldn't be happier for you!

VA SIS

PS I'm feeling guilty about my short people comments. Please forgive me - it has been a long time since I could poke at you that way. :)

Vickie said...

Sweet family pictures... and Yep, your two kitties have been faking it. They are just trying to keep you on your toes, I guess!

Gayle said...

I really like that color of blue. Wish I was motivated to work on our construction projects.

Glenn B said...

Love those pics, miss the mist in the desert mountains and rain in the desert. No other aroma quite like it after a rain in the desert!

Rhonda said...

Cats are a peculiar people are they not? My grandmother has a white male cat that needed to be "cut" in a desperately way...he was a wild one...you would settle down for the night, just about into a deep sleep and you would hear this aweful wild woods night sound and ya'd better cover up your head b/c he was going to pounce on somebody with his nasty painful claws....not sure why he was this way but I promise you it made me "not" want to spend the night at grandma's b/c I was always the one to sleep on the sofa...easy prey for Snowball ..the Cat....! Have a good weekend dear friend!