"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Monday, February 13, 2012

Ten things to do when in love

  1. Tell your spouse you love them~daily.
  2. Walk your spouse to the door when he/she leaves and be sure to give a hug and kiss goodbye.
  3. When they arrive home, welcome them with a hug and kiss.
  4. When you are mad at your spouse think upon your wedding and the dreams you had.
  5. Never tell anyone anything negative about your spouse. You get to see them 24/7 and so you see them at their best, their worst, and everything in between. Imagine if everything you did wrong was shouted from the rooftops.
  6. Write notes to your spouse. A simple note expressing your love is always a welcome thing.
  7. When you go somewhere hold your spouses hand.
  8. Show your appreciation by doing small things that are important to your spouse.
  9. Use kind words when speaking with your spouse. Say thank-you, please, you're welcome, as kindness does begin at home.
  10. Support your spouse in things they enjoy-who knows, you may find something new that you like.

Love is a many splendor thing.

To my Bill~ thank you so much for the best year years of my life.

1988, 1989, 1990, 1991,1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996,1997,1998, 1999,2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012~and beyond!



9 comments:

kymber said...

oj Jen - those are words to live by and jambaloney and i try very hard to follow every single rule. i hug and kiss him goodbye when he goes out to the shed - bahahaha! and then welcome him back 5 minutes later with more hugs and kisses. i think that the importance of #5 can't be stressed enough - i hate it when women speak badly of their husbands, and vice versa, and the people here are learning not to do that in front of either of us. jambaloney used to get my scooter ready for work every day before he left - there was always a note in the seat. he always had a note in his lunchbox. we saved every one of those dumb little notes to each other in a big scrapbook and sadly it was ruined in the flood. we used to like looking through them together and then remembering when a particular note was from and what was going on that day.

oh crap. i am eating up your comment section with stuff about us. when what i really wanted to say was no truer words have been written about love, then your words here. and i am sooo glad that you have your gorgeous Bill and he has his beautiful soul-mate.

happy Valentine's Day to both of you!

your blathering friend,
kymber

Amy said...

wonderful list! I agree with everyone of them. Thank you! Happy Valentines Day!

http://milkmaidrecipebox.blogspot.com/ said...

Ditto! Wonderfully written (and lived). My 11th to your list is that we hold hands for a while before drifting off to sleep (or, AS we drift off). We're very close to 49 years and your list is so RIGHT ON. (I cringe when I see people posting negative things about their spouses on facebook!! I think that is a 'recipe' to cook up 'the end of a marriage' that may otherwise survive.) Loved your post. Doris

Humble wife said...

Kymber- your comment is lovely. I love that you and Jamberloney have such a wonderful relationship! And I am a blatherer too!! So i guess you are in crazed company!!

Amy-thank you and right back at you. It is so important to uplift instead of bringing one down!

Doris-awww that is so sweet. I love this and think love is most definitely a wonderful verb that we can all act upon. It will make for 49 plus years for you and 23 plus for me and 11 plus and so on and so on

Sue said...

Hi, I came here from Kymber's blog today. I'm making my way through her awards list. It's taking a while. So far I've bookmarked every blog I've been to :-)

Although I agree with the whole list, I especially like #5. So true. Hard to do at times ... PMS comes to mind ... but so worth it.

Sue said...

Oh! I just read the other ladies' comments and started looking for the "like" button! Hahaha. Anyway, I see #5 was important to everyone else too.

Sassy said...

I love it all, we do our best to do all those and more.

Another is to pray with each other and believe ME, we don't do this every day, but we do every now and then. It's so nice.

Also, if I get a little testy/irritated... I will bite my tongue, breathe and ask God to help me. More times than not I will be quiet or say something nice.

I love my Farmer Hubby and I love all the love here at DNF!

Susan said...

Beautiful! Thank you for these wonderful reminders!

Humble wife said...

Sue-excellent tips! We are not perfect but leaning on Him makes it easier...and thank you so much.

Susan-thank you!