"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Friday, February 10, 2012

Randomness

Chew toys for Great Pyrenees pups-water spigots on side of house. Who knew? Well after a water spigot being chewed off this morning, we do!


Caught 19 year old playing with a fire truck, again.
This is a photo from September. The fire truck he is playing with, is from Georgia, and he flew back east on Thursday morning to pick the truck up and drive it back to New Mexico!

10 comments:

Monique Elisabeth said...

Hi, such a nice fire truck. It brings back memories. My father used to be a fire chief and when I was a little girl some of the times he brought me with him and I could play a victim during fire drills. I really loved that ; )
Have a wonderful weekend

Dani said...

Now - THAT is a useful vehicle to have around... :)

Rocky Mountain Homemaker said...

Oh goodness, boys and their toys!

Rhonda said...

ROFL....at chew toy ...who knew? Right? too funny

Mrs.Rabe said...

A water spigot? Wow!

My dad is a volunteer with his local fire co. Due to his age, when he joined he decided to be a fire policeman, as he had experience from the Navy being an M.P! He is great a directing traffic! But he also loves that he is qualified to be a driver!

Deanna

Carrie Elmore said...

Good Morning my friend, just stopped by to check on you. Hope all is well. It looks like it is business as usual at the homestead for you. I was thinking maybe the puppies were thirsty and didn't want to wake you so they found their own way to get some water? Smart Okies!

I hope you have a fabulous day! Carrie

Humble wife said...

Oh Monique! I bet those are wonderful memories! How fun!

Yes Dani-or if we don't have that around 24/7 we do have a member of the local department to drive it over if we ever need it!

Rocky-yes, and I am so grateful for that!! ;)

Deanna-I know~ A water spigot! lol

Neat about your dad. So many step up to the plate that we forget because all that the media seems to share is the Occupier movement. He needs an extra hug from one farmers wife in NM. I bet you could give him one from me!

Oh my Dear Carrie- you are the bestest Okie ever. THey are brilliant and of course they needed fresh water and not a bucket of water~and why wake me? You are so right.

All is repaired now with a spigot that is not so easy to chew-you know not being at eye level for the puppies!!

I am thinking my day is fabulous, and pray you have the same!

Humble wife said...

Rhonda- lol. By the way, your comments come in after I publish any cmments then poof your comment appears before others. I do not understand, but this is the third time...so you are my magic commenter!!

russell1200 said...

That's some trip, I am guessing a full 24 hours on the road?

Humble wife said...

Russell-almost spot on! They had a small delay with picking up, and paperwork, but then roughly 24 hours later, they pulled up to the farm to drop off my son!