"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Monday, February 20, 2012

Oh that's okay, we have lambs!

The morning has been exciting with the beginning of lambing season~Here is Second feeding Ruthie~and one of her new lambs!

Ruthie has such adorable lambs! This one has two black spots on its hindquarters.

Ruthie and her little lambs!


Cuatro, one of our rams, was intently watching the activity in the sheep pen!

8 comments:

Sue said...

I was at your blog early this afternoon, but it must have been before you posted today. I'm glad I came back. The babies are adorable. What a flurry of activity at your place!

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Love, love, love those lammies!

Anonymous said...

I love baby lambs!

Jen, have you read the series "All Things Great and Small" - he describes lambing and it is just so beautiful. Some of my MOST favorite books!!!

Cookbook giveaway sounds like FUN! I look forward to watching.

Hugs
VA Sis

Anonymous said...

Very neat! Not baa-aa-aa-d!
(I couldn't resist.)
:)
LizinNY

Humble wife said...

Sue- it has been a tad busy, I will confess!!


Michelle- me tooo!!!

Carrie- I never did read those books, I do remember them around, Herriot right?


Liz-too funny, you make me laaaugh!! ;)

Sassy said...

How precious they are.. thank you for sharing the pics of the kids :)

Carrie said...

What kind of lambs do you raise? What do you do with them? We love lamb meat. Thinking about getting some to put on our new farm!

Humble wife said...

Sassy- yes, they are ever so precious!!

Carrie-they are Navajo Churro sheep. I think that you would enjoy raising them, as we have.