"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Friday, February 24, 2012

My Life


Sometimes when I am tired and think of the million projects that need to be done, I glance to the east and smile. I am able to see the beauty that surrounds me and rest in the knowledge that all is well. By the way this is how my mountain looks early in the morning, and it makes me think of Ireland, although I have never been there.



This is how the mountain looks all the time. We do live in the desert and so it is more grays, browns, and tans. But oh in the morning, I feel as though I am taken away. In the afternoon, boy oh boy, I marvel at the beauty in front of me. Oftentimes we are overwhelmed by things in our lives and miss out on the comforting hand of the Creator. His handiwork is all about us and is waiting to offer us Comfort just as He is.

I am having a cookbook giveaway and have had a tremendous response. I was wondering if anyone would like to have a free copy of the Bible. No contest to enter, no hopes of being the one picked. We will send you a Bible wherever you are, just for the asking. Click here to request one today.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Jennifer

6 comments:

Susan said...

I love the NM mountains!!! Mickey & I were discussing the beauty of the cloud formation in the sky as we were driving home from the Dr. & our errands today. Such beauty. I told him, "I know if we had the time to look at them closely we would see MANY angels."

Mrs. Mobunny said...

A million projects to be done.....that's actually a good thing! That means you SEE things that need to be done and you WANT them to be done........I don't understand couch potatoes one little bit. I usually have 10 things going at one time. And love every minute of it.

Humble wife said...

Oh Susan-I am sure you will! I love the the views so much too.

Michelle-you are correct, I am not a couch potato- and love to be busy!!

Sue said...

Beauty surely surrounds you! It would make me feel quite content to have a view like that to look at every day :-)

Thank you for the offer of a bible. My husband and I each have our own already so we don't need one. Appreciate the offer though!

keepinitruralinthemidwest said...

I love mountains, those photos are absolutely gorgeous. Now I'm surrounded by lakes, and tons of trees both deciduous and evergreens. The beauty of God is everywhere, even in the 10" of snow He gave us today!

Sassy

Humble wife said...

Sue-I am pleased to hear of your bibles! It is refreshing to know so many have one!

Oh Sassy! I bet it was wonderful and kids were building forts and playing outside! Hot cocoa day for sure!! By the way, I can't even imagine having that many green things around me! lol