"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

A Few Notes

Blogger changed the commenting* ~with the prove you are not a robot-thing. I removed that(I think). If it is still there please let me know.

Secondly, you can comment once a day on the cookbook contest. Forgive me if this was not clear. Go here to enter the Cookbook Giveaway #1 on the Double Nickel Farm.

Hope this helps!

Jennifer

*Thank you Gayle for letting me know!

7 comments:

Susan said...

It has been removed. Thank goodness!!!

Humble wife said...

Susan- I had no idea it was so bad. I am glad Gayle mentioned it to me, so I could remove it!! :)

Pat in Albuquerque said...

This is a test to see if Blogger will now accept my live journal ID as valid. It used to; then lj updated or something; then Blogger turned up its nose at lj.

But using the option that lets us post under our names is a very good way around that. I think every Blogger blog I used to read thinks I've lost interest in their blog!

HossBoss said...

I didn't know it was on my blog either, HW. One of my readers let me know and I took care of it. Kind of miffed that Blogger would take it upon themselves to automatically do something without our consent/input. I guess because they are a free service, they feel they have license? Or maybe it's just that they feel THEY know better than WE about what is in our best interest. Hmmm ...kind of like some of the wingnuts on Capitol Hill, huh!

Crystal Mary said...

Had to give you this...
http://dancingredfeather.hubpages.com/hub/AUSTRALIAN-PRIME-MINISTER-TELL-MUSLIMSTAKE-IT-OR-LEAVE

Humble wife said...

Pat- I am glad it is gone!!

HB-no kidding!! Of course we do live in times where Nanny state is taking care of us po' citizens.

Thanks Crystal Mary- I will go check it out!

http://milkmaidrecipebox.blogspot.com/ said...

Jennifer, HOW do I disable the 'crappy part' about leaving comments-- trying to get those crazy (UNreadable) letters right. I'd like to change (cancel) it on mine, also. I had a lady e-mail me this morning saying she never could get the letters right and couldn't leave a message. Can you help me? Thanks!
Doris