"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

A Blustery Day

New Mexico weather report for today:
Don't bother styling your hair day
Don't wear a skirt day
Don't wear a toupee day
Tie the children down if they play outside day
Anchor yourself if you are underweight day
Property clean up day...I clean up the junk from my neighbor that blew here, and he cleans up mine day


With weather like this, I thought I would share some photos of things less windy!
I love that with my silly camera and zero photography skills(which you may have noted by now), the crisp blue sky makes this photo pop! God's handiwork is marvelous, isn't it?

My laundry room...it has become the local hangout. Perhaps the critters think I am the weak link when it comes to goodies being passed out, and for the record I am the weak link!

Photo of hand salve in the making. I will share the recipe when it is ready(about 2 weeks).

I planned on making Queso Fresca yesterday, but my plans went awry. Being a secret agent(or something like that) has its down sides too! Maybe later today I will be able to get to this...or conquer the world~we'll see as the day progresses!

And finally, my lazy dinner. Well maybe not lazy in the preps but lazy in the need in reducing dirty dishes while living in a construction zone. Introducing a spaghetti sandwich~Bill's idea, my implementation! The results are~super delicious! This will be a regular on the farm from now on. Funny, I have heard many times that many inventions are the results of lazy people looking for an easier way to do something. The longer I live the more I know that this is true!


Winnie the Pooh never had a day like today. I sure hope we don't see Eeyore fly overhead!!

Jennifer

10 comments:

Susan said...

Trust all is well and anchored down tight.

Gayle said...

I love Eeorye, too. Sounds like a good day to stay inside. I really dislike wind...makes my ears hurt. We don't get it too bad her and I'm thankful for that.

Melodie said...

When I was in elementary school a boy at my lunch table brought a spaghetti sandwich almost every day in his lunch! Looks good to me!

Rocky Mountain Homemaker said...

You have wind too. We live in such a windy area that only the really high winds are noteworthy. It always feels good when the calm returns!

Humble wife said...

Susan-well if not, the neighbor will have something new to enjoy. I have already found several neat things that have blown here. Of course, the day is not over, so they may blow on to the next place...and for that I will smile!

Gayle-funny here, my eyes hurt as it creates a haze with the White Sands blowing, and I am squinting...

Melodie-what a lucky kid!! Now I know and yummy!

RMH-funny isn't it? When it is calm things are noteworthy!! That is southern NM!!

Sue said...

It's going to be a blustery day! Remember not to hang any laundry out. lol

Humble wife said...

Sue- I didn't as I was worried. Then I forgot about it and it needs another run through the washer-sigh!!

Carrie said...

lol, thank goodness yesterday is over! You call it right; I think the whole state of NM shifted around. Your blog is really a good one!

Sue said...

Ooops! On the positive side you didn't lose anything...too windy to hang out, but not warm enough yet to mildew :-)

Humble wife said...

Carrie- I agree!! It was so windy that I believe the White Sands Monument is now 4 feet closer to me!! LOL

Oh Sue-no kidding. I am so thankful that I use vinegar in every load as it reduces the mildewy smell if I forget...