"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Why we were busy today...

well, not because of the farm, but the farm gang was very busy. Three of us headed south.

We had to pass through Oro Grande, New Mexico. Yes, it is a huge community! The traffic was a bit heavy and I was glad I was not driving!

We had to cross into Texas. I love crossing as I am welcomed every time!

We had to stop at the local Super-Center. Not to shop...


but to wait for this car...

and our handsome soldier. He met up with us, and we loaded back up in the truck.


And went to Costco
and then because we were starving,

We went here. The language spoken here is Spanish and the food~delicious.


We were close to Juarez, Mexico, yet have not been there for four years because of the extreme danger of going there. It is known as the Murder Capital of the World. El Paso, Texas, on the other hand is known as one of the safest cities in the US.

We saw many license plates from Mexico. When I lived in Ohio, we saw many Canadian vehicles~always love the things that make each area of the country unique.

We went to the mall. I had fun with these cuties. For the record, I am shorter than Fourth~yes, I know~it is hard to believe! Picked up a part for First's computer and then snapped a photo of...

a mall cop. I couldn't believe it, as I had recently watched the movie Mall Cop!
He could have actually been my grandfather as he was an older fellow, but he was pretty fit.
After the mall, we headed to Fort Bliss

to go to the PX and see some things for First. He is stationed here.

Although it was a wonderful day for us, we are a bit tired. Oh and while we were in El Paso...in New Mexico,

Second(on left) had his final training and is now a Firefighter One for the state! He is 19. But wait there is more~ before he went to training, he had his testing to become a reserve law enforcement officer this morning. He passed and was called during his training, and was hired! He begins reserve training Thursday.

Third could not attend as he was at work. He works in the ER~he is 18. I cannot believe how fast these babies of mine grew up. Seems like yesterday they were playing army, police, fire, and medical people...and today they are living these roles. I am so thankful that I have been able to be a part of their lives and watch them from birth until now(and beyond), as I could not be more happy that these children have all decided to serve in their life choices. I am happy that money has not been their driving force as they selected unique roles. I am pleased that they are able to be in positions to assist others and serve others.

Have a wonderful Sunday~

9 comments:

Susan said...

What a wonderful family day. When we lived in NM, years ago, we use to go to Juarez to shop every year or so. It was a nice get away and trip from Albqueuque. I wouldn't go near the place today. So sad what has happened to it.

Dani said...

Jennifer - That is absolutely wonderful!! You are right to be so proud of your children. A soldier, a fireman / reserve policeman and another in ER! That is brilliant. And, as you say, their choices motivated by passion, not greed.

And how handsome / good looking they are :)

Congratulations on your amazing family.

Maria said...

What an exciting time you have had! I loved looking at your photos and 'seeing' more of your country in the process!

kymber said...

whew! what a busy day!but it sounds like you all had fun! pass our congratulations on to Second - that is pretty impressive! but then, so are all of your kids!

because of you and Bill!

your friend,
kymber

Ma said...

Bill looks tall!

You do have a beautiful family:)d

Sassy said...

What a wonderful day you had! You couldn't ask for anything better. A beautiful family and a great day together, not all at once but, still together in love & spirit.

ok, I'm a tad bit jealous ;)

Humble wife said...

Yes Susan, I agree. I miss going though, as Bill and the kids and I enjoyed our time in Mexico.

Dani-thank you. I am pleased as punch!

Maria-thank you. Many times I try and share because I am so curious about other places-like when I visit you :)

Kymber thank you, but I believe first it is all because of God. I am thankful that we are able to have the children we do.

Ma-he is 6'3 or 6'4 depending on who records his height, so yes, he is!!Thank you...I think that the Designer is incredible and the way He made man is lovely. It is so rewarding to see our children and I remind myself that they too are made in the image of God.

Oh Sassy, I am savoring my time with the children as I know ever so soon they will have their own families. I am so thankful that I have been able to watch each step of the journey and I pray that they are as blessed as I have been in marriage.

Gayle said...

Your heart must be bursting with pride for their accomplishments. May you have the time to sit back and enjoy the blessings.

Humble wife said...

Gayle-thank you...I am pleased that they are off and going in their lives.