"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Where Else?

We had a young family visit the farm the other day. I was busy with the 2 and 4 year old daughters and we played the game where you ask what each animal says. The girls did very well and I laughed with them. Then I asked the oldest little girl where we get milk from, as we had just established that a cow says moo. She smiled and told me "the fridge!"

4 comments:

Stevie said...

I can top that. A friend who is a nurse was asking her 8 year old son if he'd like to take a turn milking one of our goats. "No way," he said, "I am not grabbing that thing's penis." I laughed so hard I almost passed out. I told my friend she might want to show her son a few of her biology text books!! :)
Stevie @ ruffledfeathersandspilledmilk.com

Humble wife said...

Ok Stevie-you made me laugh. Yes we are far removed from the farm and the basic animal biology that exists.

kymber said...

oh Jen...i laughed my head off at your post and then fell out of the chair reading Stevie's comment...can't wait to show jambaloney in the morning - bahahahahha!

your friend,
kymber

Humble wife said...

Kymber I think Stevies was so cute...the things children say and the innocence makes for the sweetness of life. Nothing crude just simple. The child understood some biology and of course erred on the side of caution...perfect if you dont know! Still chuckle a day keeps all bright and giggly!