"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Sunday, January 22, 2012

What? No more Checkers?

Sadly, a farm symbol-the checkered floor, is no more. Our oldest son came home this weekend and helped the others remove the flooring and replace it with stronger sub~flooring.

We are finally ready to put tile in the dining room and kitchen...

What do you think of the tile we selected?

10 comments:

Glenn B said...

I like the new stuff, looks very nice. It has that aura of the southwest about it.

All the best,
GB

Sassy said...

Very nice!

Ma said...

I like it:)

kymber said...

i loved the old checkered floor but that new tile is gorgeous!!! i can't wait to see it finished!

your friend,
kymber

Anonymous said...

After your laundry room reno...is it really tile? LOL. Love the design and colors.. SJ in Vancouver

Gayle said...

How exciting...new tile! Wish I was getting tile...and had your son to do it for me! :) Good luck with the new project.

Shannon said...

Love it. Can't wait to see the "after"!

Rhonda said...

I think it was time for the checkerboard to go ...wink wink...and I do believe your new selection will be awesome..be sure to take pics when it is finished...don'tcha' just love redoing the house?

Sassy said...

Awesome, there's progress. Your tile looks warm, quite pretty.

Humble wife said...

Glenn-that was why I loved it too!

Sassy-thanks...and I agree it looks warm too!

Ma-thanks-I cant wait till it is complete!

Kymber- meeee toooo!!

SJ-well the checkerboard was paint so hey who knows?!?! lol

LOL Gayle-he is a good son!! and I am glad he is able to come and help with his schedule.

Oh Shannon- I will share!!

Oh Rhonda-it is time yes...as to loving the new projects...sometimes. LOL