"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Tired? Weary?

Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

Matthew 11:28-30


If you would like a free bible~please leave me a comment here. If you have questions feel free to email mcbenningministries(at) yahoo(dot)com

5 comments:

Maria said...

One of my favourite biblical quotes; very comforting :-)

Rhonda said...

Jesus is our rest ..so thankful that I know him and when times come to test me, tempt me or to harm me I can rest from the battle knowing that he will carry me and defend, protect and provide for me....Good Sonday Morning my friend!

kymber said...

i have always loved that your gang at the DN Farm gives away free bibles - what a beautiful thing to do! i would ask for one but already have enough (Old Schofield, New Schofield, King James, Gideon's and of course my military bible). and i would like for someone else to have the chance to receive one.

your friend,
kymber

Crystal Mary said...

I am commenting but don't need a Bible, I have many... (one fell apart on me). But I love it that we can go to the Lord and hand over all of our cares.. When the burden lifts my spirit is light again. Love to you today.. Crystal

Humble wife said...

Maria-yes it is!

Amen Rhonda-may we think upon the Son in all our days and allow Him to be our Protector, our Guide, our Beacon, and our Saviour!

Kymber- you are a kind friend. We are blessed so we buy new bibles often. It is never necessary to step aside to allow another to have one, as we replenish our supply many times a month!xoxox

Crystal-isn't it amazing? Sometimes I carry my burdens too long, and then poof I give them to Him and then I can rest again. I should share my bibles that are in many pieces! I love reading His word.