"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Something to Think About

I finally realized why so many kids from farms go into the Army-




wait for it...




It will make you smile...




and has much truth in it...




and farm kids all over will smile...




the reason so many farm kids go in the Army...is because they want to sleep in!!!

9 comments:

HossBoss said...

Haha! You're RIGHT! If you're accustomed to being up at 4:00 or 5:00 every morning ...as most 'farm people' I know are... getting up at 5:30 or 6:00 is definitely a vacation!

Our 'farm' is very small scale compared to yours but our alarm goes off at 4:45am six days a week so we can take care of critters before the long commute to our jobs. On Saturdays, our big treat is to NOT set the alarm but we are always up by 6:00am anyway. The critters, especially the horses are not so amused about having a late breakfast. But having technically 'slept in' for an extra hour and fifteen minutes, we feel fully refreshed and oh so decadent.

: )

Humble wife said...

That is what I was thinking today when I wrote this. My daughter was thinking that she sleeps late if it is 6ish!

Mr. H. said...

So true, so true...and it did make me smile.:) Personally, I have always liked getting up early as that is might favorite time of the day.

Patti said...

That's hilarious! But true!It probably also has something to do with the values they learn on that farm as well.?

DebbieLynne said...

Very cute. Thanks for the chuckle...

Rhonda said...

too funny!

debbieo said...

lol, you nut. I know kids would agree. he he

Sassy said...

Hahahaha, how true!

Humble wife said...

Mrs. H- if I sleep in I feel as though I have missed out!

Patti- I am sure you are correct!! :)

DebbieLynne-you are welcome! I smile each time I think of it!

Rhonda-I agree!!

Debbie-I know!

Sassy-yes very true!! lol