"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Something Old

My Bill celebrated his birthday a few weeks ago, and I did not share any photos. While sorting my desktop photos I found this one and thought I would share.

Bill is finally as old as me~for six months. Yes, I robbed the cradle. I couldn't help myself.His birthday was December 25 and we always celebrate his birthday with cheesecake. To my Bill I am so glad that the photo is the something old I am sharing, as you are the same as you were the day we met.

10 comments:

Mrs.Rabe said...

Happy Birthday!

My husband's bday is December 24th! He got cheesecake this year too! He loves it!

Deanna

Glenn B said...

A Christmas baby, so is my mom. A belated happy Birthday to Bill.

All the best,
GB

Mystic Mud said...

Happy Birthday, Bill!!:)

russell1200 said...

So he finally had his 25th birthday and caught up with you?

Melodie said...

That is a sweet banner! I bet that put a big smile on his face!

Humble wife said...

Deanna-how neat is that? Happy Belated to him too!

Glenn-way neat! Thanks for the wishes!


Mystic-thanks!

LOL Russell- yes he finally turned 25!! Of course our oldest is 22 so life is funny that way!

Melodie-It did. Seems like simple homemade things make both farmer and I smile!

Crystal Mary said...

Happy Birthday to your hubby...and the photo is a loving memory. I love cheesecake.. My birthday was just prior Christmas and my daughter made me a Pavlova (meringue) with cream and sliced mango and berries on tip. It was the best!!

kymber said...

Happy Birthday Mr. Gorgeous Bill! (i think he is getting more handsome each year - you are one lucky cradle-robber!)

your friend,
kymber

Rhonda said...

Happy Happy birthday to bill
Happy Happy birthday to bill
Happy Happy Happy Birthday
Happy Happy Birthday to bill!
And many moooore! and lots of cheesecake ...I like cheesecake!

Humble wife said...

Crystal- I love not being so traditional with birthdays so yes! I do love this. Your 'cake' sounds wonderful Happy Belated birthday to you.


Awww Kymber- I have to agree with you...and yep I am a robber!xxooo

Rhonda-it is so wonderful I had Bill listen in as I sang to bill from you! Thankyou!