"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Friday, January 13, 2012

Dear Mel I think we found your car

I had to go to town today, and ended up picking Bill up and running the errands. While out and about we stopped in here and there and ended up pulling over and snapping a photo of Mel Gibson's car. You know~the one from Mad Max.

Well maybe it isn't the car, but it certainly made a couple married many years giggle like school kids. Sometimes life gives you an opportunity to smile...so smile!

8 comments:

Mrs.Rabe said...

Funny!

Crystal Mary said...

Hello... Its me again...the Ozzie Roo.. Gosh Mad Max..it looks like on crazy car.
I went and read about your father, David. It was very sad, and I commented there so I won't again here.. Death of one so young is always a deep grief. My heart goes out to you and all of your family. Much Love Crystal Mary.

Maria said...

Love it!

Humble wife said...

Deanna- :)

Crystal Mary-thank you. I will go read the comment. Have a lovely day.

Maria-:)

musemater said...

I'm smiling!

Mystic Mud said...

Love it!!! I wonder how hard it would be to apply some of that to my van??

Susan said...

Is this still sitting someplace along the road for all to see? Kinda of like the Cadillac Ranch on the interstate in Texas?

Humble wife said...

Muse- as I posted the comments I smiled again. Like is about those that are different, as without them, how would we see what we have? Life's imperfections allow us to hone in on the world and its uniqueness.

Ah Mystic...I think perhaps it may be a good idea to understand how to make this conversion-watching the Gauntlet with Clint Eastwood is another reference- it is very violent but I do not think it has any sexual parts(although when I watched it in the 80's) there were real standards for family viewing, so be cautious with all those cute kiddos if you watch!!

Susan-this car was about 30ish miles north of the farm in Tularosa. Interesting another has a car like this!!!!