"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Always and Forever

My Bill is back at work. In case you are new to the blog, Bill had surgery in October and has spent the past few months recuperating. He is now back to work half days while going to physical therapy and all seems to be going well.

I guess I never think he reads the blog, but that goof does. He came home yesterday with a simple gesture that makes this farm wife smile in happiness.


Remember this post?
I shared a Carl Larrson print...
My Bill printed it and framed it so I could have for my desk area. As a newlywed I am always amazed at how my husband knows that a simple gesture makes my heart warm. It is funny and I wonder how it will be when we are settled in our marriage...

Always and forever I love waking to the voice of my husband.
Always and forever I love the silly twinkle in his eye when he is full of baloney.
Always and forever I love the recording studio of the shower and wish I recorded every song every sang.
Always and forever I love roadside bouquets brought home for my table.
Always and forever I love the hugs that encompass me.
Always and forever I love the man that is the father of my children. He has given them such an example to follow.
Always and forever am I thankful that a young man and a young woman decided to marry even though they had only known each other 2 days.

It has only been almost 24 years so I will wonder how things will be when we settle in our marriage but for now, I will believe that always and forever, I am the best I can be, all because of that wonderful man.

13 comments:

Rocky Mountain Homemaker said...

My prayers are with your family for Bill's continued recovery. I think physical therapists are such a blessing with the info they provide on how to make our bodies stronger and healthier.
I would love to hear the story of your courtship sometime!
Bless you this week........Denise
P.S. I recently read in an Elizabeth Elliot book that former widows find the sound of a husband snoring to be musical. With an attitude like that we can be so much more appreciative! I loved reading about the attributes of your husband that you appreciate.

Mommy Set Free said...

Precious!

Humble wife said...

Oh Denise thank you and I agree. The PT for Bill is doing such a wonderful job! As to our courtship...maybe someday. I have shared lots here :)

Mommy set free-thank you!

Sassy said...

So glad your hubby is doing well & moving forward. Your words are lovely.

DebbieLynne said...

So happy that Bill's back to work! Just working again should make him feel better.

debbieo said...

I sure enjoy your blog.
debbieo

kymber said...

wow! i can't wait until you guys move out of the honeymoon phase of your relationship so that you will share how you really feel - bahahahahahah!

i think from all of your years of posting about Bill that i love him almost as much as you! he has been such and awesome husband and father...then there's the fact that he's so handsome.

yep - you really lucked out girl! i am super glad for you!

your friend,
kymber

Humble wife said...

Sassy- I am so glad too, and thank you!

Oh DebbieLynne you are correct...work does the body and mind good. I am happy too.

Debbie right back at you, my friend! :)

LOL Kymber...but true. I suppose it has been a honeymoon with life as the seasoning!! Back to spices!! I know you have a sweetie at home like Bill and I am so happy for you too!! xoxoxo

Susan said...

Oh what a sweetheart - doing that picture for you!!! That is wonderful.

Humble wife said...

Yes Susan...he is, and I am very thankful!

Gayle said...

Small gestures of love...how precious.

Country Life said...

Hope he is feeling better, love your picture!
Kim

Humble wife said...

Gayle- they are arent they? Funny how the movies portray grand displays of love and miss out on the sappiness.

Kim-thankyou so much and I do too!