"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Why Do Birds Suddenly Appear

I am feeling a bit reflective today. It has almost been two months since Bill's surgery and I think perhaps I am a bit exhausted. I hope to come back to my thoughts but for now, I am thinking of Peter and Paul and robbing one to pay the other, and smiling, as I wonder what happens when neither has any more money to rob? Sigh.

6 comments:

HossBoss said...

You've had a rough couple of months so of course you're wearing thin. But Bill is home and recuperating well (I hope, right?) and First IS HOME ...isn't that WONDERFUL! All your little chickadees under one roof this Christmas! Who cares if Peter doesn't have any money to be robbed to pay Paul right now. As the prayer goes, 'give us THIS day our DAILY bread.' I am preaching to me because I have a very bad habit of worrying (far too much) about tomorrow. God is working on me about that. But tomorrow is not promised so we should focus and rejoice in TODAY.

Love to you and your family, HW!

Amish Stories said...

I fully understand and still a very nice post. Richard

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen,
After being on both sides of something similar, I'm not sure which is worse - the physical or the mental fatigue.

Sending a virtual hug and chocolate break...

LizinNY

Humble wife said...

HB- wonderful advice from a wonderful friend. Sometimes a bit of thinking is not the best

Richard- thank you...

Liz-Your gifts are the best and of course with virtual calories-everyone wins!!

kymber said...

hay hon - you are worn out - spiritually, mentally, emotionally and physically. the great thing is that you have been here many times before (ugh!) and have always found your way through it.

get off your own back, allow yourself to feel tired, get some much-needed down-time and rest...and you'll be right as rain. i promise!

here's a big hug and kiss from me and jambaloney for you...they are filled with energy and get-up-and-go:

XO!

we send our best to all of the Double Nickel crew!

your friends,
kymber and jambaloney

Humble wife said...

Kymber(and Jambaloney) yes it is true I am tired. I look forward to catching some naps mid day each day in January. Lol-maybe I have aged also on this journey. Sometimes I feel weary and I it comes through in a post...But I absolutely know I can do all things through Christ which strenghteneth me. Philippians 4:13

thanks for being so amazing

xoxoxoxox