"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Monday, December 19, 2011

Red, Brown,White and Before

Red: This is Second with his new rig! He has a Dodge Durango that he now has here on the farm to respond to calls. I have to remind myself that he is only 19~because to those in need whether from an accident, fire, or emergency call he is able to handle a scene and do what is necessary. As I look at Second I smile, because he is only 6 months younger than Bill was when we married!

Brown: Yes it is always a good idea to wash the eggs. I do not think we have any white egg layers left after the bobcat frenzy of a few months ago. Oh and the bobcat-well it is no more. Now we are back to the coyotes, which aren't as stealth and are quite fearful of the dogs.

White: Delilah checking out the abundance on the trailer as our neighbor is packing up his ranch and heading off to Texas...and he kindly offered some supplies to the Double Nickel. Samson and Delilah had to get up on the trailer and take in the smells of the other ranch-as they were a horse ranch and well we do not have horses.

Before: This is a before of one of the feeding troughs we ended up with. I plan on painting it and putting Double Nickel Farm on it with our brand. I will post an after soon. I actually am thinking maybe I will have a mini tour of the farm as well as the house-hope it sounds interesting...The Double Nickel Farm is in the heart of the desert and so to the eastern eye it may appear desolate, dry, and brown~but I promise it captures your everything when you see a sunrise over the mountain and a sunset over the White Sands.

Have a lovely week.

8 comments:

Mrs.Rabe said...

I love your photos of the mountains, Jen! I grew up in So. Cal - to much cement for me! But I do miss the West for the gorgeous mountains!

Sassy said...

Second sounds like a well rounded young man. Love your pictures &will be back to check out the 'after'. I understand what you mean about the beauty there. We lived in the high desert, Ranchita, CA.... not a whole lot goin' on and a lot of brown, cayotes and wind. But I found beauty in it all, especially with the rising & setting of the sun.

Humble wife said...

Deanna-Oh I can imagine-as I had Fourth in So Cal...and I am so happy that I can visit but can come home!

Sassy-yes the sunrise and sunset always captivate me. Thanks for your visit and I hope you return!

kymber said...

i love all the pics too! but i really love Second's new ride - it's awesome and i love red! all of your kids are beautiful and handsome - and as Sassy said - Second seems to be a very well-rounded man! he seems to me to look the most like Bill, so i can imagine how you smile when you see him at this age.

give everyone a big hug and kiss from me and jambaloney! we hope you have a wonderful and merry Christmas!

your friend,
kymber

Gayle said...

I think a tour of the farm would be awesome. When I read a blog it is nice to be able to "picture" it in my mind.

Humble wife said...

Gayle-thanks, that is how I am. I love to be able to picture things as I am reading about them.

Vickie said...

I've not been to New Mexico, but been all along the Texas/Mexico border, and I think it must look much the same. Yes, it seems desolate sometimes when whizzing along in a car, but if you stop and really look, it IS beautiful there. Really different from East Texas, where I live. And yes, the sunrises and sunsets are gorgeous over the desert and mountains. Love it!

Humble wife said...

Vickie-yes we are quite different from east Texas! And yet we have simple beauty even though it is quite desolate!