"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Before and After Post!

The moment I snapped the photo of the fence post, I knew what project I was doing next on the farm.This plain old post seemingly missing fence wire was exactly what I had been needing even though I had no idea! I loved the television show MASH. I have not seen it in years, so I am not sure if I still do, but I did love the sign post in the center of the camp.

Photo credit Wikipedia
I did not check to see what the sign post looked like and created it from memory, as I have been painting signs for awhile. In fact, every time I find a board I wash it off, haul it inside and paint it. I finally had enough locations and needed a post or pole. I had thought maybe I would have one of my sons put the post in the garden...but my random farm photos gave me the location of the Double Nickel Farm Post!
I have some on the back side too. Oh and yes this is how it usually looks in the winter in southern New Mexico.
My daughter wanted me to give the post an old feel so I tried this. No matter how I change the photo, I confess I love it!

And the answer is yes, I am pretty free with making the farm my own. I am not sure how things are done anymore mainstream as I kind of live eclectically. I have a small error on my mileage on one sign and edited the local city distance so I could keep the farm location between me and the sign.

19 comments:

Sassy said...

I LOVE IT, that's so cool!

Anonymous said...

OMG...LOVE!

You should put Toledo on there as a nod to MASH!

Love you all, sis in MD!

Humble wife said...

Sassy- thanks!! :)

Sis in MD- Excellent Idea!! I actually wish to add places where family are too...so Toledo would be dual!! <3 to MD sis and husband!

Anonymous said...

And my home in VA!

I agree with the nod to Toledo - almost necessary!

Hugs
VA SIS

Humble wife said...

Yes VA sis! I will have to add a post though as the size of Bill's family and ours is big! 15 siblings and now the next generation and of course the grandparents etc etc. Fortunately I am thinking that this will be fun, so yay! This has been years in planning, and I am so happy to be here to create it. Funny I waited four years to really push roots downward! :)

Mrs.Rabe said...

That is very fun, Jen! Great idea!

Deanna

kymber said...

that sign is awesome! i love it! and just might steal the idea!

you rock Jen!

your friend,
kymber

Rob's Bunker said...

How about another one reading "Highway to Hell" with the distance to D.C.?

Rhonda said...

So cool...great imagination...I love it ...thanks for your comment on my post about the different versions of the Bible...
I also agree with Toledo ... Happy New Year my friend

Rocky Mountain Homemaker said...

Jennifer, how clever and fun. I wondered if you were near Alamagordo. I haven't been there myself, but I have a step-sister who is a high school teacher there. We went to El Paso/ Juarez once when I was in high school, but we took the interstate through Las Crucas. It was interesting to see how different southern NM was compared to the northern part of the state.
Have a blessed day.......Denise

Ma said...

This is really fun! I love it:)

Humble wife said...

Deanna-thanks, and yes it has been fun, and will continue~as I am thinking of another idea!

Kymber-of course-and it is fun!! But the idea was long ago, and far away!!! :)

Rob-lol, so much to say, but have decided that I would need a forest to have a Washington DC post!!

Rhonda-thank you and of course Toledo will be done, maybe before the New Year!

Denise-oh yes the state is large and the terrain is very different from north to south. Down here it is very dry~well not this year~but mostly. Wonder if I have met your step sister? Now wouldn't that be a hoot!?!

Ma-thanks...me too. I am drawn to going out and smiling when I see it.

Modern Day Redneck said...

Great idea. I might make one myself and put my "Happy Places" on it. But then again it might depress me knowing they are so far away.

Vickie said...

I love it! Genius of you - you've been planning this for awhile! You're going to get a lot of smiles out of your fence post signs!

Happy New Year!!

Humble wife said...

Modern Day- nothing is as far away as a dream that that is pushed aside. Make one!!

Vickie-Yes I have! I think so too. Happy New Year to you and yours.

Gayle said...

I love it and want one in my yard now. I wonder if I can remember this long enough to actually make one? (My memory is failing...).

Humble wife said...

Gayle- I have a folder with links to post/ideas I want to implement on farm. I keep it on the desktop to remind me if and when I have time!!

Susan said...

So perfect!! Reminds me of things we saw in Alaska. The people there do a lot of neat things.

Humble wife said...

Yes, Susan I agree~someday I will visit and personally see for myself!1