"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

These are a few of my favorite things

I thought I would share a few things that make me thankful. I love my simple life. So as I sit and listen to my family doing busy things around, playing a game, reading, talking I would show you a few of my favorite things-

I love simple things like:
Braiding rugs on the table

Pumpkin pie for birthdays (in June)

Puzzles for anyone and everyone to join in and piece together

Parents and Grandparents sharing a day

Anniversary picnics far and away

Day trips with the photographer here


Booms and explosions reminding me of yesteryear


A farm in the desert with critters galore



A corny plaque that makes a difference forevermore.


Parents of an honorable man

How incredibly fast they went from this...

to this...

Handiwork of doodlers...


The handiwork of the Creator.


These are a few of my favorite things...

9 comments:

Mrs.Rabe said...

So many things to be thankful for! God is good!

Deanna

Humble wife said...

Amen Deanna!!

kymber said...

we have so much to be thankful for this year that we are spreading the "formality" of it over the next two days. we try and be thankful and mindful each day...but these next two days will be a marathon of prayers and thanks.

on our journey we have met many friends who were always willing to share knowledge and advice...as well as their time through emails, comments on our blog, etc. we are thankful today for all of our internet friends, and all that they have shared with us.

you and your beautiful family are at the top of our list of thanks.

have a wonderful Thanksgiving Day...i am so glad you all of your dear hearts with you today!

your friend,
kymber

jambaloney said...

Jennifer:

precious, just precious!

Humble wife said...

Thanks Jamie!!

Maria said...

Lovely post!

Humble wife said...

Maria-thankyou!! I love that my label is from sound of Music and you are Maria!! I am corny that way!

DeanO said...

God's creation....simply awe inspiring!

Humble wife said...

DeanO-I know!!