"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Thursday, November 10, 2011

The Letter S looks:

sweet as I made cinnamon rolls today! The space? Well we have Sneaky Nibblers around the farm. The secret? Mashed potatoes!

Surprised?

spicy as I mixed up a jar of spaghetti seasoning mix this afternoon.
Simply blend 4 tbsp each~ minced onions, parsley flakes, cornstarch, salt; 1 tsp each ~instant minced garlic, basil, thyme, sage, marjoram, oregano and; 4 tsp sugar. Put a lid on the jar and shake. I add to unsalted sauce to make a simple spaghetti sauce-sometimes with meat sometimes not!

soupy as I made South American Soup today in the slow cooker.
I collect cookbooks and this is a recent find. Fourth found the recipe in this cookbook yesterday and asked if I would make it.

So simple to make:
1. medium onion diced
2. 1 cup carrot peeled and diced
3. 1 cup winter squash- I used Acorn squash
4. 1 sweet potato peeled and diced
5. 2 cups potatoes- I was a tad short on this. peel and dice
6. Canned corn-recipe calls for using liquid but I always rinse the canned veggies.
7. 1 clove garlic minced.
salt pepper and paprika
2 cups fresh washed torn spinach
1.5 lbs lean pork or beef cut up. I used stew meat.


Brown the meat in a few tbsp of olive oil with the onions and garlic and put in crock pot. Add veggies and 3 or so cups of water. Slow cook 8 hours or until done. Add the fresh spinach and put on high for 10 minutes until the spinach wilts.


Serve!
simple as this is what the simple life looks like!

4 comments:

HossBoss said...

And perhaps SECRET is the recipe for these yummy cinnamon rolls made with mashed potatoes?? Oh, I hope not ...please share!

Pretty pretty please??

: )

kymber said...

oh dear heart - i am starving right now...and would be very willing to walk all the way to New Mexico for a bowl of that soup! i'll be there in about 40 days! please try and keep a bowl of that tucked away somewhere from the sneaky nibblers!

your friend,
kymber

Shannon said...

Simply scrumptious!!!

Humble wife said...

HB- yes mashed potatoes! I will follow up with a recipe I promise!

Kymber-LOL! I wish I could serve you some soup to stop starvation!! <3

Shannon-spectacular!! :)