"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Friday, November 18, 2011

In case you are wondering

it was 70 F today. It was lovely!


it was a spinach cabbage salad day where each one of us could add our extra toppings-raisins, onions, tomatoes, feta cheese, sunflower seeds, olive oil,fresh orange juice squeezed from orange, red wine vinegar, salt and pepper were the choices! I love this salad.



it was hard for kitty today as I put some Thanksgiving decor in her favorite resting spot~Bill's lectern. She finally perked up to the festive mood...feel free to click on the photo!


farmer is doing well. We rearranged the house before his surgery so he could look out and see our mountain while recovering. Yes that is my pine bed in front of the bookshelves from these photos...We have been reading the Bible together, playing cards, watching old movies-and visiting.
After 23 plus years I am not just in love with this man~I am complete because of this man. Corny~maybe, cheesy to heart doodle~definitely...but one~absolutely.


Have a safe weekend from the Double Nickel Farm

6 comments:

kymber said...

bahahahah- your kids are so goofy with each other. which means that they are really close. how wonderful!

you need to start wearing socks and slippers missy!

Bill is as gorgeous as always - he really looks on the mend. and the salad looks delicious! i would eat all of it myself!

i hope you are enjoying your day, my darlin!

your friend,
kymber

Humble wife said...

Yes Kymber the kids are close. I am very pleased that they have formed the bonds they have! lol on the socks and slippers-how did you know I do not wear either!! lol almost never wear shoes except crocs...sigh...need to keep the toes so I may have to breakdown and wear some!
I wish you were here and we could have shared a salad together.

take care!!

HossBoss said...

Bill looks good, HW ...I know he has the best of care. I'm sure he feels the same about you too. Wow ...23 plus years! YOF and I just celebrated 12 years and have never been happier. Life is full of problems, but when you go through life with your best friend, it's easier to cope with whatever challenges come along.

HUGS!
HB

Humble wife said...

HB- this is so true : "Life is full of problems, but when you go through life with your best friend, it's easier to cope with whatever challenges come along."

I can't say it any better than you did!!

((hugs)) back to you and YOF.

hw

kymber said...

Jen - i always read your labels so that is why i said you needed socks and slippers - teehee!

i am like you and never wear socks or shoes - always barefoot! and if you saw my feet you would have no problem believing it - bahahah!

your friend,
kymber

Humble wife said...

LOL I know Kymber. I am a label nerd...sometimes I write a post just to make the label!!