"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

A Glimpse of Tuesday on the Farm


Laundry and the benefits of using a solar dryer. In New Mexico solar dryer's are extremely cost effective. In addition natural vitamin D is a secondary bonus. Second load will go on line in a bit. Yep~I made that clothespin bag out of a jacket Fourth outgrew.


Hearty stew cooking in the crockpot for my hearty crew!

Bread pans are in use today. As you can see they are quite a collection. I picked them up at yard sales over the years.

Some of the bread...still waiting on the cinnamon rolls.

This hen followed me around today while I was out and about, so she makes it to the blog!

My handsome rams. Obed in the front and Cuatro in the rear. They are Navajo Churro sheep. We are almost 100% allowing the sheep to wander the farm. The mesquite still cause woolly tangles but they all love grazing here and there. When I say grazing I mean munching on native vegetation to the desert southwest.

Loved the sky today.

~piles like this are cropping up all over as we are going to burn the debris in another week.

This is what I worked on while the bread was rising as I need some new potholders. I have several piles of squares cut of old jeans, shirts and skirts that await projects. I added the chickidoodle as I am in a chickidoodle mood!


That is our simple day today as Fourth awaits delivery from Amazon (and boy is she excited as it is the final book in the series). Bill is slowly able to get up and move a bit and recovery is far better than I imagined post surgery. Flies are still buzzing around and I have the fan on as I type this post so all things are normal for New Mexico.

4 comments:

jambaloney said...

i just had a nice little story to start my day! tuesday on the farm is uplifting!

thanks jennifer!!

Gayle said...

Fans, flies and solar drying sound wonderful to me today. We set a cold record yesterday...it's -38* today. Wearing my long johns for sure!

Tracey said...

What a wonderful blog. I'm going to visit often. Thanks for sharing a piece of your world. I can smell the bread from here!

Humble wife said...

Thanks Jambaloney!

Oh Gayle! I vaguely remember what long johns feel like!! :)

Thank You Tracey- wish you could taste the bread too!! Welcome anytime