"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Friday, November 4, 2011

Coming soon!

Life slowed things down...but I am feeling more like my old self once again~and~

I have a ton of backlogged posts that I am going to begin posting. In case you are wondering about what I am going to start blogging about here goes:

Making things on the farm:
laundry soap
deodorant
shampoo
toothpaste

Using the solar dryer
Using a woodstove
making a rocket stove

making enchilada sauce
spaghetti sauce
Kimchi

using natural cleaners that you need not rush to a special store to purchase

sheep-the wool, hoof care, lambs, butchering, making a new shelter, recipes

chickens the egg the nest and the cluck...

Turkeys-

amazing success using raised bed gardens all the while rationing the water

freezing~canning~drying foods

baking breads using anything and everything

cooking with powdered milk

preparing for next year-projects etc

and then several posts on the Bible about for ever, the feasts, the sabbath, grace, Noah, Jesus, Lazarus and the rich man and perhaps more

in addition I will write about my family. I love being a wife and mother and love my family


-plus simple life, this and that, Monday musings, Friday Five's, Thrift, holidays, and well the farm!!

Thank you for stopping by my corner of the internet!

Jennifer

5 comments:

kymber said...

you know that i am DIEING to see these new posts!

no pressure eh? but get on these posts missy! some of us have much to learn from you! bahahahahah!

your forever friend
kymber

Pat said...

Cool! I'm looking forward to it! My crocheting has not only given me a cool weather hat (so far) and some Christmas presents, but people are noticing and one woman wants my mitten pattern.

I had such a bumper crop of pears that I cut up the ones still hard and the ones with bites out of them and stewed them in the crockpot, peels and all. I nibbled on one of the soft ones. Amazingly delicious - makes supermarket pears taste like cardboard. And sweet!

Am keeping on collecting and trying the sort of things you just mentioned. Thanks again!

Pat from Albuquerque,

SciFiChick said...

Dang Girl, Bring IT!!!!

Mrs.Rabe said...

I can't wait to read your posts! Lots of information and help for making things at home.

Deanna

Humble wife said...

Oh Kymber- you are too kind! Thanks for making me smile though!

Pat- Wonderful about the crocheting!! And the pears-you are correct-everything homemade surpasses store bought!

lol Sci!!!

Thanks Deanna!