"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Before

This post is a Before post. Things on a farm have a few perspectives. Before and After posts share a window that is not the most pleasant because if you are reading a Before post then you know what is coming.



This is the Before of Lil Turk. His appearance for after will be more fitting for the freezer later today.

This is Before of Krut. His appearance will be more in line with the main course on Thanksgiving.

This is my mountain Before the storm hit. Oh and the storm? It did not hit us, just the mountain.


On the table are my Before little owls. I sewed the one on the left and need to stuff him and attach his eyes wings and beak. The little one on the right is in the Before stage.

For the record this season-the autumn/wintertime in New Mexico is the time to butcher, to craft and to relax from the intense heat experienced over the other season...remember? Surface of the Sun season is finally over and we can cool off for a bit!

Beware as an upcoming post will be titled After. I really don't hold back with the realities of farm life.

4 comments:

www.apronsandapples@blogspot.com said...

Ok this is funny! Love the before photos and would love to see them all decked out on your thanksgiving table! I found your blog because you commented on my blog at www.apronsandapples.blogspot.com LOVE YOUR BLOG! I will be following. We share a lot in common. I live in Colorado on the border of New Mexico and my sister lives in ABQ. I LOVE JESUS and love that you give out free Bibles! I love kids and have 4. One of them is adopted and if my husband gets on board I would love to adopt again! I also love fresh healthy home made food so am excited to find your spaghetti sauce and enchilada sauce recipe! Yippea! Thanks Your newest follower! Kristy

Humble wife said...

Welcome Kristy! Yes I agree we have much in common! thank you for your lovely comment and I look forward to your postings on your blog!!

Ma said...

I love the storm picture.

"Surface of the sun season!" too funny:)

Humble wife said...

Thanks Ma-I thought it was funny we both posted grey skies! LOL about our seasons!