"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Sometimes Life Takes Over

Yep.

I have been missing from Blogland due to unplanned and planned events.

First~computer issues. If it is not something, I suppose it is another applies here.

Second~the kids (correction young adults) continue to take steps forward in life...which is exciting and time consuming.

Third~the farm. Each year takes us closer to what we foresaw when we moved to a sorry piece of land overlooked for several years by many. That sorry piece of land will never be called sorry ever again. It is my corner, my piece of America that holds all that encapsulates what I value in the American Dream. Oh and it is NOT free, and the price has been the sweatequity of every member of the family.

And with this I also have had the heaviness of heart with mixed emotions upon surgery my sweetie will have this week. It has been something we have prayed about and know is what can make life better but with surgery is of course the bottom line in life- it comes risks. I have been failing miserably trying to carry myself strong and be supportive. I love my husband far more than I could ever adequately express and cannot imagine life without him. He is who I think of when I laugh, when I cry, when I think of something, when I see an amazing sight or when I just wish to sit alone with him near me. Who would think it? I know when I married I was raised to be my own person...be independent and strong and never really need a man. Sigh, what a sad way to raise women. The fulfillment and joy I have experienced for these past 23 years reaches beyond measure and had I given in to the bring home the bacon, fry it up in a pan nonsense I would have missed out on the Universe so I could have the Earth.

I pray for my readers if they have a moment to pray for my Bill. Pray for the surgeon's and staff that work on him, and pray for our family. The power of prayer is magnificent. It is power in unity.

oh and in case I haven't shared in a while-I live and am comforted by Philippians 4:13- I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

13 comments:

kymber said...

oh Jennifer - i know exactly what you mean about having a wonderful, loving husband who is also your best friend! and i know what you mean when you say that HE is who you think of when you laugh or cry or see an amazing sight and whatnot. HE is your husband and best friend and you are his helpmate and best friend. i know exactly what you mean.

my dear friend, you and Bill and your children are always in our prayers but now we will include Bill's surgeon and the staff that will work on him - we will pray for them as well.

we can all do things through Christ, and through prayer.

this next little while will suck, surgery IS a big deal...but i know how strong HE is and how strong YOU are. it may be tough but you will both make it through this and you will both come out better in the end.

please keep us updated as to when his surgery is and what kind of surgery he is having, etc., etc.

all things through Christ, my dear friend, all things.

my warmest and most loving thoughts to you, my dear friend...and to Bill - one of the most beautiful men i have had the good fortune to meet (well sort of...ah...you know what i mean!)

your friend always,
kymber

Anonymous said...

Prayers - definitely.
"Talk" to you soon,

LizinNY

Pat from Albuquerque said...

What ails him? I will light a candle for his healing and safety tonight.

And we are all interdependent. To have a good partner through life must be a very great joy. Bless him and you too.

Pat said...

Lit, burning, and prayer offered up.

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

I will be praying for you. Jesus is the great physician and I know He will do the best for you beloved.
Father please hole these dear ones n your hand. Comfort them, care for them, and ease their fears. Touch those professionals who will be caring for for Bill and doing the surgery. It is for Your Glory that we ask these things. Amen.

HossBoss said...

You and Bill are in my prayers, HW. I love Philippians and have a little sand-sculpted cross on my desk at work with that very passage. Keep us posted.

((hugs))

Ma said...

Praying for you and Bill!

I've wondered where you've been.

Shannon said...

This is very touching. It is a special thing these days to see a wife love her husband - whole heartedly and without apology. I love it! I also feel the same way about my man :-)

I believe that the moment you need it most, and not a second before, you will feel the presence of God and He will give you that peace which surpasses understanding. He's done it for me every time we've faced a surgery and it is a very warm and safe place to rest. Phillippians 4:13 is what I clung to in the hospital when my firstborn was born prematurely and I was in really bad shape. Christ strengthened us and carried us through. He will do the same for you.

I will keep you, your husband, and his doctors in my prayers this week.

{{{Hugs}}}

Carrie said...

Thinking of you and praying for you and your wonderful husband. I have missed you in real life and computerland lately and this explains why. Keep us up to do on how surgery went! Remember that your lifetime friends are here if you need us, for prayers, for laughs or just to escape the heaviness of the moment. Heart You!!

jambaloney said...

Jennifer:

i read this post with utter amazement.. the way you captured the emotional depth of having a partner is stunning.

i am so sorry you are as worried as you are, you can count on our prayers.

Susan said...

Thanks for the post. I'd been wondering what was going on, especially since you've made you fb private and yet I knew you were around and reading mine because your name would show up even though you weren't leaving any comments. I will certainly pray and will also pass this prayer request to my Bible Study group that will be in our home tomorrow night. Please keep us up to date. And yes, we can do all things through Him that strengthens us!!!!!!! I know, because I'm doing it.

Humble wife said...

Kymber-through tears (((hugs))) to you...thank you.

Liz-<3 thank you!

Pat- thank you...he has injuries resulting from an auto accident while on duty. Neck and back injuries.

Pat thank you :) <3

Michelle-thank you for the lovely prayer ((Hugs))

HB-Hugs and <3...thank you so much!

Ma- thank you so much...it means a good deal <3

Shannon- amazing when we have such wonderful men isnt it? Thank you for your prayers and lovely comment! <3

Carrie- lifetime friends- love this. Amazing how far back we go isn't it? Hugs to my sweet friend!

JAmbaloney- thanks, it is hard to speak let alone write how much I care for my Bill. Seems like you have the same special amazing relationship!! Hugs to you both! <3

Susan- yes I have been without words for a while so I would not post but believe me I have read all you have written. Silence is a tool I use to allow Him to come through when I am in an emotional zone. It has been a month of Bible study, prayer, and lots of work to keep me busy. Thanks my friend and hugs to you and Mickey.

Anonymous said...

We will hold your husband in our hearts in prayer.

sam