"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Saturday Six

This morning I went outside to capture what 44 F looks like. Brr for me because I opted to photograph the morning in my lovely pink pajamas. I do love living in the middle of nowhere.



Here are six photos of things around the farm:
wood ready for woodstove


Surprise pumpkin growing between tires in raised bed garden! Something about pumpkins on the farm makes me smile! Remember Mesquite pumpkins?


Second has a duty vehicle now. As I was walking to take photos I loved how the pre-sunrise looked over his car!


Cayenne Peppers in the raised bed garden


Old bench outside the garden. Well more accurately ~old bench end!!


Front door wreath. The wreath is from my grape vines from our first home-re purposed. Pine cones from NM and of course glue gun burns on fingertips totally free!

Six random extras

Hot Chocolate Mix
5 cups instant powdered milk
3/4 cups sugar
1/4 cup cocoa
1/2 tsp salt.

Add 1/2 cup mix to 1 cup of hot water

The whole duty of man

Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep is commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.
Ecclesiastes 12:13


Blast off
A Rocket Stove actually is as cool as it sounds (or hot!?)
I think that Double Nickel Farm will be researching more on rocket stoves.

Facebook Status of my cousin's daughter:
IT'S A BOY!!! finally getting a brother today!!!! She has three sisters and the oldest is getting married today. Seems like I love my first cousin once removed perspective!! ( I did have to look up what our exact relationship is!) Wedding wishes to Amanda and Doug <3

Hot water is a wonderful thing
I love taking hot baths! Not the kind that are for scrubbing, but the kind where a book and long restful relaxation is involved. For the record I am going to take a hot boiling bath in just a few minutes!

It is never too late to learn a new skill or task.
self explanatory...





3 comments:

Carrie said...

Love the pictures, thank you for sharing your Saturday with me :) Hope all is well w Bill, I am sure you are taking wonderful care of him.

Humble wife said...

Thanks Carrie!! Bill is doing much better... <3

reginascottage said...

hello
your photos are so cute!!!
the wreath looks wonderful.
have a nice day,
regina
reginassimplelife.blogspot.com