"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."

Dr. Adrian Rogers , 1931 - 2005

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Ten Years Ago

We were living in the upstairs of a fire department waiting for our house to be ready. Bill had hired on as a deputy and they needed him to start as soon as possible. The local fire department offered us the living quarters while we waited for the house.

The fire department phone rang around 6:30 am. It was my mom. She told me to turn on the television...I did and did not turn it off for several days.


I would never have guessed that our nation would be where we are today as 9-11 changed me and my family forever.

Bill actually became a volunteer fireman in the department as well as a deputy sheriff/coroner.

In 2008 our 19 year old son enlisted in the US Army. In 2009 our 17 year old son became a volunteer fireman.

2 comments:

Maria said...

Sept 11, 2001 certainly did change the world and its people. Jennifer, I can't get your email link to work, so if possible, could you email me as I have a photo I would like to send to you :-)
Cheers
Maria

Humble wife said...

Maria- yes it did.