"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

I wonder

I wonder what my blog says about me? I wonder if those that read this blog know what guides me in my life? I am afraid sometimes at what the answer may be.

I pray that my blog directs my readers to Him. I know that often I share of my family and of the farm but through my day to day writings I pray that I point my entirety on Jesus Christ as He is the reason I have hope in my day to day activities.

I worry sometimes as I feel inadequate as a writer of anything, let alone this blog. I worry sometimes that I am inadequate in my faith as I am not the perfect wife, and far from even close to being the perfect mother.

Life is a struggle. It is not always easy nor pleasant. I try to share the reality of my life and I try not to censor the bad as the bad allows me to see the good and the days that are not so bad.

As I wonder these simple thoughts, I want to close with this scripture to any that read this post: I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Philippians 4:13~

These words comfort me. In a world that promotes me, myself and I, I am glad that I was courageous enough to realize I did not know God, let alone His Son and moved towards Him to appreciate that I am nothing without Him.

3 comments:

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

I think your blog is wonderful and interesting. A real taste of your life and beliefs!

Humble wife said...

Thank you Michelle!

Susan said...

We who truly know HIM cannot help but showing HIM forth as it does consume our entire being. I find your blog to be a wonderful blend of you, and what makes you. Keep up the good work. You are also leaving a wonderful blog trail for your children of many things.