"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

A Glimpse

Hanging on my wall

Three baskets.
Each one bought by my husband at a different time.
Each one bought for me because he knows I love them.

Three baskets that give a glimpse to the heart of a man that loves his wife.
Three baskets that are so simple yet speak the eloquent words of the finest poet.
Three baskets that are more aromatic than the most expensive bouquet of flowers.

Oftentimes we miss out on life because we expect something and then are blinded by our expectations. Perhaps it is time to look around once more.


I am sharing this with the 'on my mind' theme hosted by Rhonda Jean of Down To Earth.

13 comments:

Felinae said...

The baskets are beautiful! I love the detail on the largest one.

I don't know if I've ever told you before, but I love reading about you, your family and the farm. Your posts are so heartfelt and the love just shines through the words.

Hugs to you and yours,
~Fel~

rhonda jean said...

I love baskets, and these are three real beauties. Congratulations on your long married life. Happy anniversary to you and your husband for Saturday.

Denise said...

I think that's so sweet of your husband, to buy things that he knows are so special to you. Sounds a lot like my husband and I love him to death!
Thanks for sharing.


visiting from Down To Earth

Humble wife said...

Aww Fel, you make my eyes tear up! Thank you so much as your thoughts mean so much to me!

Rhonda Jean- thank you for the anniversary wishes and thank you for hosting this.

Denise- Thank you for visiting and I am so happy to hear that you too have a special husband!!

BLD in MT said...

Ah, that is so touching! Congratulations on so many happy years together with many more to come!

(popping by from Down to Earth)

Chris said...

You mention the smell of the baskets, I have several woven baskets I bought in Bali many years ago and they still have that smoky smell of the village. Smells and memories. Happy anniversary for Saturday and BTW your baskets are lovely and I like the way you have displayed them.
TFS - popped over from Down To Earth.

Humble wife said...

BLD- thank you!

Chris thank you so much. These baskets are from Mexico as I live just a wee bit north of the Mexico USA border.

Maria said...

I'm visiting from Rhonda's D2E; happy anniversary :-)

viggie said...

Oh how sweet!

Humble wife said...

Maria-thank you!!

Viggie-thank you!!

Susan said...

Lovely indeed. I like the way you've displayed them together.

Becky said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! And those baskets are BEAUTIFUL!

Humble wife said...

Aww Susan- thank you!!

Becky- thank you so much!!