"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Thursday, July 21, 2011

This and That

I spent a good deal of time in a car these past several months and thought I would share a few more photos of the drive. I had a lot of time to reflect about everything and anything.

For example: I love seeing Texas Longhorns. I have seen some in New Mexico and to be politically correct I always refer to them as New Mexican-Texas Longhorns.

The St. Louis Arch is every bit impressive while driving as it is when you stop. I am reminded of a slinky in motion whenever I drive by and wonder if anyone else does?


There are quite a few large crosses alongside the highways. This one is in Oklahoma. Some people are offended by the cross.


Here is another cross alongside the highway. It seems like Christianity is slowly being chipped away from American view. So I imagine the crosses I have seen alongside the highways will eventually be removed so we do not offend others.


~But~
I am an optimist. I love life and the beauty that surrounds me. I do not need to miss the cross to miss the Cross. I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. (Phil. 4:13) With that I confess I smile because those that desire to remove Him from the public eye~may have bit off more than they can chew.



The way I see things...is that the Cross lines our nations highways, byways, streets and roads. His work that was completed on the Cross shall not be forgot and those that desire to think on Him while driving have a visual aid the entire drive.

Amazing isn't it? I couldn't stop smiling when I realized this!

8 comments:

Mrs.Rabe said...

Good point, Jen!

Deanna

Susan said...

I love it when we truly have "eyes to see"!!! Yes, God is speaking ALL the time. The Word tells us if we don't praise Him even the rocks will cry out. I heard a man a couple of years ago who had personal knowledge about some work at Nasa and said they have actually proved that sound does come out of the rocks.

Ma said...

My hubby has to go to St. Louis once a week or so for work. He has a thing with the arch..doesn't like it...I'm not sure why.

Love that last picture and have thought the same myself:)

Humble wife said...

Mrs. Rabe-thank you.

Susan-it is amazing isnt it?

Ma- i often wonder how many others have thought this while driving. I am glad you have! :)

Adirondackcountrygal said...

Christianity slowly being chipped away is the exact plan of Satan and I'm sure is one of things foretold before the coming of Christ our Lord! Can you even begin to imagine what that day will be like? Wonderful!

Humble wife said...

Adirondack Girl- yes it is going to be wonderful, but tragic at the same time because so Many disbelieve. I pray that I am more proactive in sharing as faith and action is needed from believers.

(just my thoughts)

Carrie said...

The cross in Oklahoma is on I-35 in Edmond on 2nd Street - its where we get off the highway to go to Lake Arcadia. So when you see this pic you can think of me! Because you were 20 minutes from my house when you took that one!!! ♥ Ya girlie!

Humble wife said...

Carrie- next time I am swinging by. I had too much going on with my mom to stop...BUT I am going to come that way and stop!! <3 :)