"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Friday, July 8, 2011

Simple Life

In my life before the farm I would have passed by this eclectic sculpture, in fact, I may not have even noticed it. As the days have turned from months to years since we have moved onto the farm, I am seeing the world in a way I never did before. And in this life the art work of a humble man that runs a junkyard is as noteworthy as anything that calls the Louvre home.


Life has been very busy for the Double Nickel Farm for the past few weeks! It is a bit more here and there activity than I have gotten used to, but it was a nice to be busy so I can appreciate my simple life once again.

Bits of our life...

The handsome soldier came home from Fort Drum for a few weeks and we filled the days with more than I thought we could.Here is the walk to the gate for First to head back to NY. I love seeing moments where Bill and the kids are like this. A father is such a blessing, and I am so glad that my children have Bill as their father.

The last week in June kids went to Six Flags in San Antonio to celebrate the final graduation of our homeschool~I am so proud of the students that attended and the future awaits the dreams they hold.

Three birthdays have come and gone. Seems like 23 years ago I was 21. How time flies!

We went to an incredible Celebration for our Nation and of course in the west a certain kind of attire is required...

The garden, although not as grand as gardens in the past, is lovely and filled with a green that is rarely seen in the desert. It has added to the view and I rush out each morning to see what goodies I can bring in for dinner.

As we enjoy farm life...we appreciate the past that afforded the present the life that exists. My father-in-law with Bill and First this morning at the El Paso airport.

Critter news~Farm chicks are growing fast, as well as the new turkeys. We are going to relocate the ducklings we have...to a buyer north of us!

The pups are 4 months and continue to grow. I imagine we will be surprised one day when they stop growing-probably in 2020!

In times like these~All of my children are employed~ hard work and appreciating the value of work is a lesson we have tried to instill and it is clear that the kids have picked up on it.

Bill's dad came for a few days and has been helping us plot and plan gardens, animal pens and just taking in the hard work of watching the sunset!
We went to dinner last night...I love this group of people more than I ever believed possible!


I am so happy that we have slowed down and taken the road less traveled. It has made all the difference.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Precious & priceless!!!!