"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

On the Stovetop

Five pints of canned carrots just taken out of the pressure canner.

4 comments:

Susan said...

Beautiful. Will you be entering one of these in the fair? I saw on Dr. Oz the other day where cooked carrots (as long as they are not overcooked) are actually better for us than fresh. Amazing how I keep learning!!!!

Anonymous said...

Sigh... I miss carrots.... I like them, but my body now betrays me. Whoever heard of becoming alergic to carrots? phooey!!

Rob

Humble wife said...

Susan- I canned the carrots because I had so many and did not want to waste them. I prefer raw carrots and did not realize the nutritional value one way or the othr but I am now going to look into it!

Rob- maybe the ruffage is too much. I don't know, but next bite of a carrot I will raise it in your honor.

Susan said...

Jennifer - He said it's the release of what's in the carrot as it is cooked that is more healthy. Also, the reason that over cooking does not work.

Loved your sunset picture today. Mickey & I greatly miss the beautiful skies, sunrises & sunsets that NM has. When we have a beautiful blue sky with puffy white cloud we always say, "That's like a NM sky." Have a great day!

The verification word is "bringst" I pray God "bringst" you a wonderful, blessed day :o)