"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."

Dr. Adrian Rogers , 1931 - 2005

Friday, June 17, 2011

Friday Thoughts

Another week has gone by and I have a few thoughts to share.

I have not written many post and instead have opted to share photo type post as what can I say? The world is a crazy place. It is filled with every kind of evil and many kinds of good. I cannot say something new as the Internet is filled with many that interpret the news, make the news, avoid the news, or hate the news. Instead I try and remain calm and look toward Hope. I find peace in Jesus Christ and pray for others to seek Him.

My daughter and I were in town the other day and saw an incredible cloud formation. The photo does not capture the absolute amazing pattern. As we took photos we noted many people in the parking lots, on the sidewalks and around taking cell phone photos or gaping at the sky.

I smiled and thought, yes, this is a good thing. We are to look up to Him and His return.


As I have been very reflective, I am happy to have a train tracks near by. My daughter took this photo from inside the truck, but I am afforded an opportunity to do my dishes and watch several trains a day pass by the back side of my farm. I see the trains loaded with every kind of thing, and ever so rarely I see a passenger train fly by. I wonder in times like these, where everyone is on the go heading to and fro, if they look at the countryside and to my mountain and slow their thoughts down?

Certainly we all understand that if we are fortunate, we have about 75 years on this planet. What do you want with this time? Busyness, money, status, title, perfect health, perfect body...because none of these things die with you. They remain here.

One thing has been given freely for you to take.

One thing.

And that is eternal life.

One is an eternal life with Jesus Christ.

Without receiving the eternal gift of Jesus one ends up in torment and gnashing.

One is freely given and only needs to be received.

The other requires no effort and paves your way to hell.

Neither means you are a good person/bad person or anything in the middle. What eternal life with Jesus means is that you accept you have a Creator, you are not in control and man is hopeless without Him.

One thing I know, as I type this post is this: we all are going to die. Rich, poor, white, black and everyone else.

We all have been told life evolved from nothing how many ever billion years ago science now says, but what if, for a simple silly moment, educated thought was wrong?

At death it is too late.

Have we ever heard an educated man speak a lie? Teach something that was later discovered to be incorrect? Disobey laws? Be unfaithful to a spouse? Beat a child? Steal something?

Man is not perfect and is filled with flaws.

Just suppose, for a moment, instead of Jesus Christ and eternal life in heaven being a quaint story Grandma told us, imagine that man evolving from nothing was the quaint tale.

That is what I am thinking this Friday.

3 comments:

Ma said...

I love me some cool clouds. What an amazing sight!

Great post...been thinking about this a lot too..eternal life, a gift, the price paid for us from our Creator.

What a love story!

Susan said...

We can never be good enought to go to heaven or bad enough to go to hell. It has nothing to do with either.....it's whether you believe Jesus is who He said He was (The Son of God) and that He died for your (and MY) sins. Plain and so simple that so many miss it. U'm so thankful that someone told me when I was 18 years old & I BELIEVED and still BELIEVE today, 55 years later.

LOVE the cloud picture. Whenever we have really pretty clouds here we say, "That's like a NM sky!"

Humble wife said...

Ma-indeed!

Susan- praise God! Oh an NM skies are priceless for sure!