"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Floral Bouquet For Mother's Day


As I said in a post I wrote the other day, I sent my mom homemade gifts over the years for the holiday's. This is what I sent her for Mother's Day 1997. What is amazing is that the flowers did not wilt! I confess the boxes of gifts and things I sent to mom have been like a time capsule of my life. She kept every letter I wrote her while stationed in Germany, so even though blogging did not exist, I have a day to day window into my life as a young wife and mother living overseas!

Back to the lovely floral bouquet:

I sent these with a small garden pot so she could plant the flowers!
Such a precious floral bouquet for me to have, as it takes me back to the moment the children were this small.


I made a seed package for each flower. First is the Whimsical "First" flower.


Second is the Regal "Second" flower.


The Treasured "Third" flower


The Cherub "Fourth"

On the back side of each seed package I wrote their name again
The Whimsical First
Color: Bold Blue
Hybrid Develop Date: 6-6
In the desert of St. George Utah

bar code-first born range- any place he plants his feet
~~~~

The Regal Second
Color: Raspberry Red
Hybrid Develop Date: 6-18
On the banks of the river in Frankfurt Germany

bar code-second born range- any place he plants his feet
~~~~

The Treasured Third
Color: Pleasant Purple
Hybrid Develop Date: 4-7
Where the finest bier in Europe is brewed, Lich Germany

bar code-third born range- any place he plants his feet
~~~~

The Cherub Fourth
Color: Perfect Pink
Hybrid develop Date: 10-9
On the pacific coast in San Diego California

bar code-fourth born range-any place she plants her feet
~~~~

I am so thankful that mom kept these lovely flowers! I have shared a bit about my mom before, yet I am not sure I have shared that my love of creating and crafting come from her. Mom thanks for my floral bouquet...it is made of the most precious of flowers I have ever known, and I will cherish this as well as the blooming flowers for the rest of my life!

Jenny