"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Monday, April 25, 2011

Fort Drum or Bust

I am going to take a mini road trip with my oldest son this week. He came home after spending the year in Afghanistan and is driving back with his car. He asked me to ride along so we can have some time together.

This year has been a bit hard with the loss of my mom, and I realized something very important. We have but moments in our lives, and what we do with each moment makes a difference. I have this moment to travel back with my firstborn. I am afforded this opportunity to get to really talk to him as an adult and see what his plans are. Afghanistan really makes a person come into focus, and I have already seen a changed man.

So, I will be on the road again.

I hope to update with photos and ask those so inclined to say a prayer for us in our journey.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy the trip and have a safe trip.

If you come through Western NY, I'll be the one waving!! :)

LizinNY

Glenn B said...

Have a great trip. Enjoy what time you have once you get up here to The Empite State. If you get here soon enough, you should see a lot of trees in bloom, and catch the aromatic scents of springtime in upstate NY. Both good things.

All the best,
Glenn B

Humble wife said...

Thanks Liz!! I waved to you too!!

Glenn- my visit this time was in and out. I thought of you as well as Liz, as you are my NY blog gang!!