"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

A Day in the Life: Prom

Third with his date "B" on Saturday night.
I made the corsages for B as she her dress was not quite purple, not quite another color. I adapted by buying a few fake flowers and a some fresh flowers from the grocery as our town is not a metropolis and buying corsages to order are not always possible.


Since this was her first prom I was not sure if I should make a wrist corsage or a regular one...so I made this one first...then
opted to make a wrist corsage too. I had never made one, and thanks to a few G*oogle images, was able to create this one.


I then needed to store it in the fridge until my son left, so I went to my handy cupboard where I store containers and found this one that we had bought donuts in. I made a ribbon and voila my son has flowers for his lovely date.


As you can see from the first photo and here, B opted to wear the wrist corsage. I am so thankful that I have had a few years of improvising and creating, as I believe it made all the difference in how easy it was to make something that helps in a memory for my son as well as B.

Life is really a moment at a time. Instead of being overwhelmed by the entire magnitude of a situation, perhaps pulling a moment from a day makes the difference. I know it does for me.

2 comments:

WomanWhoRunsWithHorses said...

Everything looks beautiful, Jenn ...the corsages, the handsome couple and the sentiment on the ribbon 'Our Time to Shine' ...very nice memories for all!

Humble wife said...

Thanks HB-I am a sentimental person...no doubt! :)