"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
Dr. Adrian Rogers 1931-2005

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Rest In Peace Mom

Mom is at peace.
She died today around 1:20pm.
We were able to give her what we kids kind of described as an Irish Wake last night. We all gathered in the family room so mom could hear us and talked, ate and reminisced long into the night. I'd like to believe that she was waiting for the gathering and then was able to let go...thank you so much Mom for all you have done for us all.

Frances DeSales
April 14, 1938 - February 19, 2011
Mom and Dad's wedding day August 27, 1960

9 comments:

Glenn B said...

Dear Jen,

So sorry for your loss, I wish there was something I could do to make you feel better. Your mom must have been a pretty amazing woman, I can tell from what I know of you. Tonight, I will do something I do infrequently. I will say my prayers and will include her, you and the rest of your family in them.

My sincere and deepest condolences.

All the best,
Glenn B

WomanWhoRunsWithHorses said...

I'm so sorry for your loss, Jenny, I know you will miss her. But I'm grateful you were able to be there with her and with all your other family.

No need to publish, just know that she's at peace and I'll be praying for your peace now.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry. Condolences to all, prayers offered and a candle lit for you and your family.
Selene

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Our thoughts, love and prayers are with you all.

Patricia Mathews said...

Blessings on her soul.

Anonymous said...

My sincere condolences. May she rest in peace, and may the Lord's grace comfort you and your family. Be comforted and Travel safely,
LizinNY

Kelle said...

Our sympathies to your and your family, for your loss. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and may God comfort you in this sorrowful time.
HUGS,
Kelle

Mayberry said...

My sincere condolences.

Sheila said...

My sincerest condolences in the loss of your mother. I lost my own dear sweet mother a little over 2 years ago and know the whole that it leaves in a life. May God Bless you and keep you in the palm of His wonderous glorious hand....